30

"Hey baby, "Ray said softly, patting my back. I curled against him. I was tempted to tell them to just take me back to the park, back to my home. Mikey is the only reason I was here now. Had it not been for him, I wouldn't know any of the guys.

"How are you holding up?" Bob asked, sitting at my feet. I just shrugged. Gerard came in the room a few minutes later.

"So, the asshole wants to talk to you, "he announced sarcastically.

"Tell him that I don't wanna see him, "I said definitely. Frank held back a smile.

"Wow, I feel like you're a changed man, "Frank laughed. I glared at him. "Oops, I meant changed woman."

"Frank, just shut up, "I laughed at him. I looked at the calendar. I had to go back to the doctor tomorrow. I couldn't believe that I hadn't spoken to Mikey in almost two weeks.

"Ha, we have to get you to the doctor tomorrow!" Frank laughed.

"Yes, I was literally just thinking about that, "I said honestly. Frank's eyes widened.

"I think I have a gift. I can read minds. I think I'm psychic!" He cried. I rolled my eyes. Everyone stared at him for a minute.

"Frank, you are a fucking idiot and I say that with love, "Ray said, launching a pillow at him. He fell over and didn't move for a few minutes.

"Did you die again, Frankie?" I asked, jabbing him with a ruler. He squirmed and sighed, sitting up.

"No, I just went in and out of a short coma, "he said, dusting himself off as he stood.

"Good, "I smiled. "I would hate to lose you forever!" He smiled at me. I smiled back and he plopped down on my legs.

"I love you!" He smiled goofily. I exaggerated being out of breath.

"I love you too, but you're crushing me!" I choked out.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" He cried, rolling off my legs. I rolled my eyes. "Wait, were you calling me fat?!" He popped back up off the ground. I laughed quietly. Gerard came back into the room, biting his lip.

"Reese, I tried... He wouldn't listen..."He said slowly, waving his arms wildly.

"He wouldn't listen to what?" I asked, feeling a tug at my heart. He pointed towards the doorway and Mikey was standing just outside of the door. I took a deep breath and struggled to get off of the well-worn couch. Ray grabbed my arm and pulled me up.

"Are you sure? I can tell him to fuck off, "Ray offered up. I shook my head.

"I'll be fine, "I said, walking over to the door. I opened the door and Mikey stood there, running a hand through his hair.

"Hey, Reese, "he said quietly. I narrowed my eyes.

"What do you want?" I said coldly.

"I want to talk to you. I know that I really shouldn't have done that, and I'm really sorry. I don't know how to make it up to you, but I am so sorry, "he said quickly. I eyed him for a minute. I finally sighed.

"Okay, "I said simply. He looked at me for a minute.

"Okay?" He asked quietly.

"Yeah, I said okay, "I muttered. He stepped towards me.

"Okay, as in you forgive me?" He asked slowly. I nodded. He stepped closer and placed his hands on my hips. I felt myself involuntarily melt at his touch. Two weeks is too long. He wrapped his arms around me and I leaned my head against his chest. "I love you, Reese. I never should have done that to you. You deserve so much better and I am so lucky to have a wife like you and a soon to be child..."I wrapped my arms around his waist.

"I missed you, "I said quietly. He rested his head on mine.

"I missed you too, "he whispered back. "I missed you too."