51

"Mikes, I need to talk to you, "Gerard called. Mikey walked over slowly to us. "Listen, you two can't get a divorce." Mikey looked at me.

"Why did you tell him?" He asked quietly.

"I didn't exactly tell him. I told Ray and Bob, and he happened to hear, "I excused.

"That's not the point. Mikes, listen... You need to believe her. She's not in love with me like she is with you!" Gerard pleaded. Mikey looked at him.

"You don't know that, "he whispered. Gerard groaned in frustration and he turned to face me.

"Then, I'll prove it for you, "he said stubbornly. He put his hands on my lower back and pulled me towards him, crashing his lips onto mine. I felt little sparks flutter wildly in my heart. He pulled away and, unlike myself, seemed completely unaffected by the kiss. "See, Mikes? Nothing, "he said, although his voice quivered slightly.

"Yeah, nothing, "I repeated, although I could tell by the look on both of their faces that my voice had betrayed me.

"Look, Reese, I don't want a divorce... I just think that you should take a break and just see what it'd feel like if you were with him... We can go from there, "Mikey declared.

"Mikey, "I started, but he put up his hand.

"We will be separated until after the New Year, "he decided.

"Mikey, that's almost three months, "I said painfully. He nodded.

"You'll be able to figure out your life, "he said stubbornly.

"I don't need to figure it out! You are it!" I said, beginning to get frustrated.

"If you still love me, then we'll know, but until then, you are nothing more than a friend to me, "he stated. I felt a stab in my heart. I just turned and walked away. Gerard followed in tow.

"He is such a dick sometimes, "Gerard muttered.

"This is bullshit, "I said, wiping away a stray tear.

"Well, fuck him! We'll make it through these three months, "he reassured me. We got just outside the bus and I stopped and turned to face Gerard.

"Then, we are going to be together for the next three months, "I declared. He smiled.

"Whatever you say, Princess, "he said, grabbing my hand. He started to go into the bus, but I stopped him.

"Gerard, can you do something?" I asked slowly. He nodded. I bit my lip. "Would you kiss me again?"