33

"There's gonna be a girl named Becca Burnham come up here, "I said to Kip, the ticket taker. "She's with me. I'm getting her a ticket. Call me when she gets her." He raised a brow and then smiled at me.

"So, I am to let Becca Burnham, and then call you so you can come get her, "he repeated. I nodded and patted him on the arm. I went through the venue in search of a familiar face. I eventually saw a person that loomed over everyone else. I made my way over to him and snuck up behind him, placing my hands on his sides. He jumped and turned to see face his assaulter.

"Hey, Reese, "he smiled.

"What's up, Beckett?" I asked, shifting my weight to my other foot.

"Not much, "he said casually. He looked down and smiled. "May I?"

"Most certainly, "I smiled. He placed a hand on my stomach and I saw his eyes brighten.

"I think I just got kicked, "he smiled softly. I nodded. "Well, do you know if it's a boy or girl yet?" I nodded.

"It's going to be a little girl, "I said, placing my hands on my lower back for support. He beamed.

"Well, she's going to be just like her mommy, "he said softly. I smiled at him. "So, what does Mikey think of this?"

"Oh, you know. He's excited to be a dad, but worried he won't fit the bill. I think he'll be a great dad, "I said thoughtfully.

"How far along are you?" He asked, running a hand through his hair.

"The doctor said I was around twenty-seven weeks, "I said, shifting my weight again.

"That's wonderful, "he smiled. He seemed to look worried for a minute.

"What's wrong?" I asked, tilting my head to one side.

"You guys have only been married for about two months..."He said slowly. I nodded, looking at the ground. I knew exactly what he was thinking.

"I know, but that doesn't change anything, William..."I said quietly.

"I know. I'm not saying that it will. I'm just saying...Well, never mind, "he laughed nervously. My phone suddenly buzzed. I fished it out of my pocket.

"Hey, "a voice said through the phone.

"Hey, is she here?" I asked, heading back towards the gates.

"Yeah, how'd you know?" He laughed.

"Well, I just had a feeling. I'll be there in a minute, "I said, closing my phone. I got up the gates and as soon as she saw me, she seemed to relax and flashed a shy smile.

"Hey, Reese, "she smiled at me. I smiled, and motioned for her to follow me. She walked past Kip and over to me.

"How are you?" I smiled at her as I started heading over to the smoothie bar.

"I'm good. The baby's kicking me!" She laughed quietly.

"Yeah, mine kicked Beckett earlier, "I laughed.

"Wait, as in William Beckett?" She asked disbelievingly.

"The one and only, "I said as I rolled my eyes. I walked up to the counter and the guy smiled at me.

"Do you want the usual?" He asked, smiling at me.

"Yeah, but I need two of them, "I said, motioning towards Becca. He turned and began to gather the ingredients. A few minutes later, he handed one to me and one to her.

"Thanks, "she said shyly. I paid him and then, we walked over to a large group of people.

"Hey, Ross, "I called across the yard.

"Hey, Mikey's baby mama, "Brendon screamed at me. I looked at Becca whose eyes were frozen wide in panic.

"Oh, come on, "I said, grabbing her hand. "They don't bite." I took her over to the guys.

"Hey, "she said nervously.

"Guys, this is Becca. Becca, these are the guys!" I smiled at her.

"Hey, Becca, "the guys said in unison. She seemed to stop breathing.

"Hey, calm down. These are just the Panic and TAI guys, "I laughed.

"Oh, okay, "she breathed.

"Reese, Mikey needs you!" Phil called. I looked at Becca.

"Are you going to be okay with the guys?" I asked.

"We'll take care of her!" Sisky laughed, putting an arm around him.

"I'll be back later, "I smiled before walking towards Phil. He was tapping his foot impatiently.

"We have to go, like now!" He said quickly. I was suddenly very worried. We ran back to the backstage. Mikey was lying on the couch, shakily holding a bottle of water. I ran over to him and put a hand to his face. He looked over at me and I gasped. His skin was very pale and his eyes were bloodshot. He grabbed my arm with a shaky hand.

"Ow, Mikey, you're hurting me..."I said, trying to loosen his grip. He began shaking and his eyes rolled back. "Oh my god, someone call an ambulance!"