32

"No, it's fine, "Mikey said, smiling nervously at me.

"You don't have to be here. Nancy would be just as glad to be here, "I said reassuringly.

"No, I want to see how he or she is doing, "he said, glancing at my stomach. I smiled, grabbing his hand. He rested his head on mine and I sighed.

"It's going to be okay, baby, "I said quietly. At that time, a young girl walked in. She didn't look a day over fourteen. She sat in the chairs across from us while the woman she came in with went to sign her in. She studied me for a minute before looking to Mikey. Her eyes widened drastically. The woman came back and sat next to her. She whispered something and the woman stared at us, before smiling softly.

"Excuse me, "she said softly. The young girl, who must've been her daughter, grabbed her arm in protest. "My daughter here believes that she recognizes that young man right there." Mikey raised a brow and the girl giggled.

"Yeah, I'd know that expression anywhere. You're Mikey, right?" She giggled. I fought the urge to roll my eyes. He nodded slowly. "See, Momma, I told you..."Mikey smiled nervously at her.

"Here, why don't you ask him for a picture?" The girl's mom suggested. The girl looked at him nervously and he nodded, smiling softly. The girl walked over and when I started to get up, her mom waved a hand. "Why don't you stay in the picture?" Mikey stood between us with an arm around me and an arm around her. She took a couple pictures, and as soon as she put her camera away, the girl moved swiftly back to her mother. Mikey got up to go the bathroom, and her mother had to go back to her car for something, which left the two of us sitting awkwardly together in the waiting room.

"So, how far along are you?" I asked casually. She looked down and coughed quietly.

"I'm at twenty-four weeks. What about you?" She asked nervously.

"That's what I'm going to find out today. I think I'm probably at five or so months, "I said quietly.

"Is it his?" She asked as she gestured towards the door Mikey left from.

"Yeah, it is. Why else would he be here?" I laughed. She smiled softly.

"You're really lucky. I've always heard about how amazing he is and everything. He's something else, "she whispered. I nodded in agreement. Curiosity got the best of me.

"How old are you?" I asked suddenly. Her eyes widened and she looked down.

"I just turned fourteen..."She said quietly.

"Oh, "I said quietly. She nodded shyly.

"Yeah, my mom's not really happy about this..."She whispered. I nodded understandingly.

"I can see why she wouldn't be. You are so young, "I choked. "I mean, I'm eighteen and I think I'm too young..."

"You had a choice though. You didn't have to have sex with him. You weren't forced. And, at least he's still with you. At least he didn't leave you, "she muttered.

"Well, what happened with you?" I asked, beginning to feel slightly agitated with her.

"My ex-boyfriend raped me... And then, he left town without saying a word, "she said quietly. I felt my heart soften.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know..."I said quietly.

"I wouldn't have expected you to..."She muttered.

"Well, he did cheat on me, "I said suddenly. I didn't know where that came from.

"Oh my god, "she gasped. "Did he know that you were pregnant? How did you find out?"

"He did know. He, uh, actually, he sent me to his mom's so that I could go to the doctor. His brother called and told me, "I admitted.

"Gerard Way told you?" She gasped. I nodded. She was obviously in love with the band. "Wow, you're lucky to get to know those guys. Have you met any of the other guys?"

"Yeah, I have, actually. I know the Panic guys, the Fall Out Boys, the guys of The Academy Is..., and the guys from My Chem, "I smiled. Her eyes widened.

"Wow, I think if I could just meet one of any of those guys, I'd be able to die happily, "she said thoughtfully.

"You know, they are on tour, and they are going to be playing right here in Belleview next Thursday, "I smiled. I expected a smiled, but she frowned.

"Yeah, I know... I don't have the money though. Tickets are really expensive, "she said quietly. I thought about that for a minute.

"I can get you a ticket, "I said finally.

"Oh my, you can?" She asked excitedly.

"Of course I can. I'm married to the bassist of MCR, "I smiled at her.

"Oh my god, I would love you forever! That's like on my list of things to do before I die. I always wanted to go to a concert, "she bubbled.

"Becca Burnham, "a nurse called. The girl looked at me.

"Well, it was nice to meet you, "she beamed.

"About the concert, "I smiled. "Tell them your name and that Reese wanted you to see the show."

"Thanks, Reese, "she smiled.

"I'll see you soon, Becca, "I smiled back.