45

I sat nervously in the hospital room, alone. I couldn't speak. I was in such a state of shock. I held my hand on the necklace that he had gotten me for my birthday. It was a cross that was surrounded by a heart. I closed my eyes and prayed to God that he'd be alright. I rocked back and forth nervously. I felt the sleep tugging my eyes shut.

"Mrs. Way?" A voice asked. I looked up and blinked. A man in white stood over me. I looked next to him. Gerard stood, smiling. I blinked again.

"Gerard, "I choked. He just smiled.

"I love you, Reese. Thank you, for everything, "he said, wrapping his arms around me.

"What are you talking about? Where are you going?" I asked quickly. I felt the panic taking over.

"I'll be fine. Take care of my baby, "he whispered. And just like that, both he and the man were gone.

"Gerard, "I called quietly. "Gerard!"

I felt someone shaking me. I opened my eyes and saw Mikey watching me worriedly. I just wrapped my arms around him tightly. He pressed his face into my neck and I felt the tears fall from his eyes. At that time, a man in scrubs came out.

"Is there a family member of Gerard Way present?" He asked. Mikey rose from his position.

"I'm his brother, "he said quietly.

"I'm afraid that he is in a coma, "the doctor frowned. "The exact point of the bullet just missed his heart, but he lost a lot of blood. This is very serious, and there is a very good chance that he won't ever wake up." Mikey opened his mouth to speak, but his voice betrayed his strength and he just nodded. The doctor put a hand on Mikey's shoulder and patted him lightly before leaving. Mikey just fell to the ground. I went over and put my arm around him.

"This is so fucked up..."He laughed bitterly. "Why him? He isn't that bad of a person..."

"Mikey, sometimes things happen. You just have to have faith, "I said softly. He looked at me and I could see so many emotions swimming in his eyes.

"Hope abandoned me a long time ago..."He muttered.