39

I looked anxiously through the crowd. I had no idea where he might've gone. I headed outside of the gates and he was sitting on the ground with his back against the wall. I walked over to him, and he didn't even both to look up. It took me a minute, but I eventually got down on the ground next to him. I tried to grab his hand, but he recoiled.

"Mikey..."I choked. The tears were already threatening to spill. He put his face in his hands. "I'm sorry." He scoffed quietly. "Mikey, don't do this..."

"Don't do what?" He spat. "Don't be upset because my wife is pregnant with my brother's child? Don't be pissed off because you both lied to me? Don't be sad that I thought you were honest? Don't be angry after finding out that you would tell my best friend before you would tell me? Don't be completely heartbroken knowing that you got pissed off at me when I cheated, but oh no, it's okay for you to fuck my brother! Don't be completely destroyed that you knew this and didn't try to talk to me about it?" I felt a sting from his words. Each point cut a little deeper. We sat in a painful silence.

"I didn't cheat on you though, "I said softly. He looked at me and shot me a glare.

"No, you're right. This is worse, "he spat before jumping up off the ground and walking away, leaving me alone. I pulled my legs up and rested my elbows on my knees and put my face in my hands. The tears fell freely. Someone sat next to me and I felt a hand on my back.

"Hey, "the figure said softly.

"Hey, "I sniffed, wiping my eyes quickly.

"What's going on?" He asked.

"I don't know what to do, William, "I said quietly. "He hates me."

"Hey, he doesn't hate you. He's just really hurt right now... I mean, look at it from his point of view... Do you really blame him for feeling like that?" He pointed out softly. I shook my head.

"I just, I don't know. I guess he heard me and Ray talking. I guess I should've told him when it happened... But, you know, he really already seemed to hate him and I didn't know if that'd make it worse, and then, they made up... I don't know. I guess I didn't want to mess anything up... "I said just above a whisper.

"I know. You had all the best intentions... Sometimes, things just happen... It's not the end of the world. Just, give him some time to calm down. I'm sure you two can work it out. You've been through a lot, "he said quietly.

"I hope so, Bill, "I said, leaning my head on his shoulder. "This really sucks..."