~Pounding Hearts and Bloody Fingers~

"Well... I um..." All three lean forward in anticipation. "You know...I-" I'm saved from explaining when someone comes up and wraps their arms around my shoulders.

My eyes widen and I turn to see who's hugging me from behind.

Yellow orbs meet (e/c) and I twist around completely to greet the person.

"Kami!" I yell and wave excitedly at him.

He waves back with a nice smile. "(Y/n)! I can't believe you go here now."

I giggle, "Neither can I!"

"Why didn't you text us and tell us you were trying to get in?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, I meant to but I didn't want to bother you guys since you're heroes in training..."

He nods, "It's cool. You couldn't bother us, Sero was fanning over you the whole lunch period the other day, I swear." Kami says, laughing.

I giggle and glance to the table with the Dekusquad. They're looking at us curiously through mixed expressions. Uraraka seems a little confused, Iida doesn't seem to care all that much, but is more amused than anything else, and Deku... Deku's expression is difficult to read. I can't tell if he's conflicted, hurt, or constipated.

"So, are you guys dating?" Uraraka asks.

Kaminari speaks up. "Nope, not yet~"

"Yet?" I repeat, raising an eyebrow with a grin.

He laughs. "Don't worry about it, babe."

I shrug, "Okay, I won't, babe." I reply and Kaminari waves, saying he had to get back before his table got mad.

"Wait," Uraraka says, "So you guys are dating?"

I shake my head. "Nope."

Midoriya shakes his head, confused. "Then what was with all that 'babe' stuff?"

"We were just kidding around. I also say things like that casually. Like when I called you cutie."

Deku's face flushes red and he nods quietly, looking back down at his food.

"I believe I understand. You should note, (Y/n), that some people may misinterpret this." Iida says.

I nod. "Got it, thanks hon."

Iida's face flushes too and he shakes his head.

Uraraka decides to speak up. "So... how'd you meet Kaminari?"

"Oh! Well, it was my first real day in the city and I bumped into Kaminari, Sero, and Kirishima. They offered to give me a quick tour. It was stopped short when a bank robbery happened... and I got held at gunpoint... but yeah!" I exclaim.

Midoriya stares at me surprised. "You got held at gunpoint?"

I nod for maybe the thousandth time today. "Yeah, one of the gunman took a little girl hostage and I got to get him to take me instead so she wasn't hurt. The police showed up afterwards and took him into custody." I say, deciding to leave out the part about me flipping him over my shoulder.

Midoriya stares at me. "How could you be so cheerful when you've had so many dangerous experiences in such a short amount of time?! Aren't you scared?" He asks, his voice raising uncharacteristically.

My eyes widen from his sudden outburst and I decide to reply truthfully. "No. Not really."

"Why?" Iida asks with choppy hand movements.

I look away from them, trying to hide the slight blush I feel grow on my cheeks. "This place is still much safer than where I was last... there are more villains and such, even so, there are amazing heroes to protect everyone. And everyone here is so dedicated... I guess it rubbed off on me."