~Gas Masks and Lost Trust~

"We protect Bakugou, try to call for reinforcements, and we fight like hell."

I walk out of the building and stand in front of the door with my face scrunched up in worry.

My mouth is fixed in a slight frown of concentration; what if I turn out being wrong?

I take a deep breath. I'll just have to trust that we'll protect ourselves and that things will work out.

Hopefully.

I hear a rustle from the bush to my left. After looking over and checking it, I find nothing.

All this stress must be going to my head... My hands rub over my eyes then trail to my cheeks. Why do I feel so tired? It's not from training... it's like mental exhaustion.

I feel like there's a huge weight crushing me inside.

Must just be hungry.

A voice calls out that lunch is being served and I see all the students drag themselves from their training over to the dining area.

I make my way over to a table when Uraraka waves me over. "(Y/n)!! Come sit with us."

I change the direction of my feet and walk to their table.

Next to Uraraka is Kirishima and Bakugou, to the left is Tsu, Iida, and Kaminari. "Hey."

"Hey, are you alright?" Kirishima asks with a concerned look on his face. "You spaced out at training and still look pretty freaked out... is everything okay?"

Uraraka nods. "Yeah, and why'd you go off with Aizawa earlier? It looked serious..."

"Oh," I say, taking my time for an excuse while trying to put on an even and brave smile. "I just remembered the cats are left alone. Aizawa reassured me he asked a friend to take care of them and that they're in good hands, but I can't help but worry a little about them."

"Awww, (Y/n)!! That's so sweeeet!!" Uraraka coos.

Kirishima nods. "Yeah, that's pretty manly of you. Er... womanly?"

Kaminari starts muttering to himself quietly, but I hear most of the words. "Mr. Aizawa has friends..?"

I giggle slightly at him and sit down.

"Oi, Tater Tot, where's that shitty nerd? He and icy-thot sneaked off to make-out during training." Bakugou growls while looking at me.

I shrug. "I have no clue. The last I saw of them was when they were training."

"Tch. Useless." He mutters, and I know he means nothing by it, but still.

If I don't keep everyone safe during this, then maybe I really am useless. How can I just act normal when I know a dark shadow of possible death looms over us?

"Bakugou! You made her upset! Apologize right now!" Iida announces to my right.

Bakugou grumbles about something.

"No, it's fine. I just have a lot on my mind. And it's not as if he's wrong." I say with a sad smile.

Most of the table shakes their heads and begins protesting my statement, while Bakugou's red eyes widen. "I, uh, I'll be back to get some food soon." I say while getting up and walking away.

Everyone stays seated and glances at each other as if to decide who will go after me. Their glances are silenced as Bakugou stands up and trudges after me.