~Midoriya Birthday Special!~

This is a special! In other words, it does not follow the current plot and is because yesterday was Izuku's birthday! Some of this may not be cannon, it's just my interpretation of how Izuku would spent his birthday. Sorry this is a little late! Also, there will be no Sunday update.

I open my blurry eyes to the ping of a reminder going off on my phone.

"Izuku's Birthday!" was displayed across the small screen.

I stare at it for a few moments, waiting for the words to register in my mind.

"Oh! It's today!" I gasp, excited for the moment I had spent the entirety of last week preparing for.

While hurrying to get dressed, I recall the conversation I had with Izuku about a month ago.

Everyone was talking about birthdays and how they preferred to celebrate. When everyone was eventually fighting about what the best flavor of cake is, I leaned over and asked Izuku how he liked to enjoy the day.

"O-oh, me? Um... I don't really like to make a huge deal about it. I prefer to just celebrate with people I'm close to." He replied, staring forward as Mina attacked Denki for saying vanilla is better.

"So who would be on that list? If you don't mind me asking..." I asked, trying to get a feel for whether or not I would be welcome.

He glanced away, a blush on his face. "U-um... y-you know..."

I raised an eyebrow.

He huffed, then laughed quietly, counting on his scarred fingers as he listed people. "Well, you, Uraraka, Iida, Todoroki if he wanted, um, maybe Kacchan, I guess most people here, though I would prefer to keep it small."

"And what would you want to do?"

His emerald eyes met mine before he closed them and laughed. "I don't really know, actually. Explore the city o-or something?"

We continued speaking as Katsuki blasted the ceiling open because someone said his taste in cake was weird.

My mind returns to the present and I pull on socks.

"Okay!" I say, slapping my cheeks and walking out of my room.

I rush over to Ochako, pulling Tenya along with me. "You guys ready?" I ask, referring to how we planned the situation the night prior.

"Yep! We've got the plan ready!" She enthuses.

"Where is Todoroki?" Tenya asks.

I glance around the room and find him slurping cold soba. "Hey, Sho, did you decide if you wanted to come or not?"

He sighs, placing his chopsticks down. "I'm afraid I can't. I need to visit my mother today and it's not easy to reschedule. Please wish him a happy birthday from me. I will give him my gift when I get back."

I nod, an understanding smile on my face. "Okay, tell her I wish her well."

He gives me a hum of acknowledgment then returns to his cold soba.

Katsuki was also busy today; he got in trouble for blowing up his lunch table because his 'soup wasn't hot enough'.

The plan was pretty simple; we would spend most of the day out with Izuku, then when we got back, everyone would sing and give presents.

That's about it. He's also going home tomorrow to celebrate with his mom.

We told him the plan about a week ago, and he enthusiastically agreed to it. He seemed really excited to be out in the city with us.