one

???'s POV:

I've always lived on the edge, the edge of death. I was one of the most feared criminals in the country and I was proud, but nobody accepted me. It hurt but I dealt with it the right way. I killed them. I was running from the police with a bag full of money in my hands, just running and running. I heard the wailing sirens behind me, flashing red and blue. Which if you ask me, was terrifying. I didn't want to be caught. I didn't want to die. 

I came across an alleyway, what looked like twenty-nine policemen emerged from the other side, pointing their guns at me. I slowly dropped the bag, raising my hands and keeping my head down. "STAY STILL." one shouted. I got startled but I never showed it. Ten men tackled me to the ground and I groaned in pain. It was the end of me. They held a gun to my head and I dared myself to not attack back. A piercing pain shot through my head and I shook violently. Blood rushed out of my head and I went unconscious. All around me was black. I was scared.

A big, red door appeared in front of me, designed in jewels like rubies and more. I opened the heavy doors and saw a throne with a beautiful woman with a blood-red dress and black, menacing wings. The most capturing thing was her face, visuals that could kill and her features were symmetrical that you couldn't tell the difference. "Aish." she scoffed. "Okay then, why do you think you're innocent?" she rolled her eyes. I got annoyed by her attitude but didn't care. "Um, I don't know? I just tried living my life a bit." I said, afraid. She stared at me unamused, "Guards, trap him." she said and in a huff, I got thrown into eternal darkness, never to be seen again with the other screaming souls. I cried silently, regretting all my decisions.

Jennie's POV:

All I've been doing throughout the day was sitting in my throne, bored and just...bored. I sighed and got up. "Rosé?" I said and a woman with light pink hair and pale skin rushed into the room, "Yes, ma'am?" she said, bowing. I smiled and walked down to her, "Call me Jennie, Rosé." I said, lifting her chin. She smiled back at me, "Tell Jisoo I want a meeting with God." I said, she nodded and left the room. After a few minutes, a knock came from the door, "Enter." I said, raising my voice. Jisoo walked in, she was one of God's most important people, like a messenger. She bowed and so did I, "She accepts.".

I got my guards and Rosé behind me, we walked to the gates of heaven which Jisoo opened for us. Angels stared at us in fright, fearing us. I entered the room she sat in, as beautiful as ever. I sat down in a chair while everyone waited outside. Defending the place. "What do you want this time, Jennie?" the woman asked me, annoyance in her voice. She looked up at me, her grey eyes glistened, making me lost. "So lately, I've been thinking." I said, "Thinking about what?~" she teased. I looked at her, still lost in her eyes. "Lalisa, I mean serious business here." she scoffed then laid back in her chair, wrapping her white, soft wings around her body.

"A war has broken out in the human world, everyone is involved and nobody is safe.", I guessed that got her attention since she stopped laying back and leaned forward, "What's in it for me?" Lalisa said, rolling her eyes. "We need to go down there and stop it, immediately.", she laughed a bit and I just looked at her, confused. "Listen, I wasn't made to protect the humans, I made them and this is their fault. Sucks to suck I guess.". Her attitude annoyed me but also is what I liked most about her. I held out a jewel to her, one she'd been looking for all her life, it was the thing she'd die (again) for. "Aish, fine. But give me the jewel afterwards. Okay?". I nodded then smirked at her, she was interesting yet confusing.

<>Time Skip<>

I and Lalisa got to earth and started to walk on the ruins of the buildings, looking around us. Lalisa almost stepped on something, when she did. It cried. Making both of us look back, seeing a child. She picked it up and cradled it, I'm not saying it was cute but it was cute. She ran off with the baby and me seeing something drop from the sky, again, making us both flinch and fall. The infant was now covered in bruises and was crying more. I facepalmed myself, "Make it stop Lalisa!" I shouted. She looked at me annoyed, "It was your dumb idea to come down here anyway!" she shouted back. We shouted at each other until the bombing stopped, and so did the baby's heart. Lalisa put her hand on the child's chest and drooped her head down to look at it in sadness. She rubbed circles on the chest and her hand suddenly glowed goldenly. I just watched in awe, after all that, the baby broke down in pixels and flew away, never to be seen again.

"What the fu-", Lalisa covered my mouth, trying to keep me quiet. "Shut up, I hear something," she whispers, crawling towards the sound. I rolled my eyes and just followed her, she sat, leaning her head against the wall, so I joined her. "So?". She looked at me, "We're going back, I'll fix it soon.". I hated how stubborn she was sometimes, honestly.

We got back up and Lalisa walked to a huge, golden palace then went inside, holding my hand which made me blush a bit. We came across a hologram of the earth and she stopped, staring at it. I saw her facial expression sadden a bit and I went and put my arm around her shoulder. "What's wrong?" I asked and then she looked at me and then back at the hologram. "He's back.".

*INSPIRED BY 

's "Providence | Taegi FF | (;

1045 words