nineteen

It was weeks after Lisa's execution and Jennie was trapped in her room, she would never come out, not even to eat and spent her days grieving, telling herself that it was her fault that she'd died.

--

A soft knock came from the door of Jennie's room and she hummed in response, telling the person to come in. Footsteps grew closer to Jennie as she tensed up, looking down at her crossed legs as dark, red tears made their way out of her bloodshot eyes. A sudden weight on the bed startled her and she looked up, meeting the clear, blue eyes of Rose.
"Jennie?" Chaeyoung said, taking Jennie's hands in hers and frowned at her state.

"Please listen to me." the younger whispered, looking at Jennie with pleading eyes. Jennie lifted her head and looked at Rosie who looked at her with worry and guilt.
"What." Jennie murmured, almost non-existent and tiny. Rose sighed and tugged on the bag which hung around her shoulder, she gave a small smile to Jennie before taking it off and undoing the golden button, making a small noise, startling Jennie again. Rosie dug her hands in the bag and pulled something out which shone like the sun and was admiringly beautiful.

"I found this on Lalisa's throne... I suppose you remember this?" she said with a small smile, the small jewel fitted in her hand as the almost holographic texture of it reflected on Jennie's eyes, bringing out the smallest flaws in her, which were rare. Jennie's eyes filled with hope and slight happiness as she took the jewel and placed it between her fingers, admiring it.
"I remember this.." Jennie whispered, smiling at the thought. She remembered how resilient she was to get the gem. She remembered how she'd only accepted the deal because of it. She remembered everything about her.

A small tear escaped Jennie's eye, hitting the cold rock which illuminated gracefully, like an angel, or more specific, like Lalisa. Jennie recalled when she'd walked into the throne room of heaven and saw her face, how her attitude made Jennie fuming and her sly cheekiness. These memories made Jennie feel a range of emotions.
"How?" Jennie asked, lifting her head to look at the angelic woman in front of her, light pink hair, pale, porcelain skin and glimmering, ocean blue eyes. But nothing could compare to the woman who'd made her happier. The woman who held many secrets and promises against her. She made her feel special for having her. She loved her imperfections. Her everything.

Rosie smiled and sighed, looking at the jewel in Jennie's hand.
"You know that woman you call Annabelle?"
"Yeah?"
"I found it in her room, she doesn't know it's gone yet, I suppose."
"She stole it?" Jennie asked, her temper rising. Rosie nodded and held her free hand, caressing her palm with her thumb. Jennie sighed and fumbled with the jewel.
"I didn't even get to do it..." Jennie mumbled,
"What?"
"I didn't even get to give this to Lalisa. She loved it, she wanted it. I told her I'd give it but I never did."

"When was that?"
"A few years ago. We had a meeting about the earth being destroyed, she refused but accepted when I showed her this same rock." Jennie explained, Rosie smiled and ruffled Jennie's hair to which she whined at, making the younger snicker at her.
"Follow me."
"What?"
"Just come!" Rose whined, grabbing Jennie's hand and dragging her out of the room, their dresses trailing lazily behind them on the shiny floors.

--

Rose and Jennie halted in front of a shining door, protected with padlocks.
"Are you mad?!" Jennie scolded, Rose blinked unemotionally at her and broke out a small smile.
"What?"
"It's crazy dangerous in there!" she complained, Rose just rolled her eyes and pulled a ring of keys out of her purse, fiddling with them in the locks until one clicked.
"Found it." Rose grinned. Jennie's mouth hung open in shock as she grabbed Rose's forearm."
"No! We're not going in there! I'm not risking it, Rose."
"I thought you wanted her to be alive."
"But then you'll be killed!"
"But-"
"Park Chaeyoung. Are you hearing yourself?" a voice said, making the two girls turn around.