twenty-three

"Ma'am, Mistress Jennie requires you to meet her in the throne room." the man said, his head swung low and his white, huge wings drooping down.
"Alright, and don't be so sad, it's not a good look."
"If I may remind you, you're still part maid, Miss Kwon," he replied, smirking at the infuriated expression on the miss' face.

*********

"Kwon Mina." a booming voice echoed throughout the throne room, sending a familiar shiver down Mina's spine. She cleared her throat and bowed to Jennie, hearing her scoff.
"Don't act nice, Kwon. I know what you've done." Jennie stated, her eyes piercing through her ex-maid's face. Mina's eyes expanded and her mouth swung open. Jennie grinned and stepped off her throne, walking towards Mina.

"Why?"
"Pardon?"
"Why won't you admit it?" Jennie asked Mina who looked down at her feet in shame and surprise. She sighed and looked up, her eyes pooling with tears as she slightly shook in fear. Jennie looked at her, her teeth clenching in anger and impatience.
"I don't have all day you know."

*******

"ANSWER ME," Jennie shouted, grabbing Mina's collar and shoving her onto the ground, she walked up to her, kicking her in the stomach and crouching down to her level.
"Are you going to answer me now? You know what happens if you don't." Jennie whispered, frowning. Mina looked up at her, her tear-stained face only amused the young queen. Mina's mouth opened but nothing came out, as if she'd lost her voice.

Jennie clicked her fingers and guards rushed in the room, grabbing Mina firmly in her place.
"Bring her to the torture chambers.".

**********

"Did she answer?" Chaeyoung asked Jennie who frowned and shook her head.
"Maybe someone nice should do it," Jisoo said, placing plates in front of each woman.
"I'm the nicest person I know!" Jennie whined, crossing her arms and glaring at Jisoo who only rolled her eyes.
"I mean like someone good at manipulating, you know?" she shrugged, Chaeyoung smiled and nodded her head.

"Uhm, last time I checked, I was Lisa's girlfriend, not you two," Jennie said, rolling her eyes and huffing. Chaeyoung grinned and stared at Jennie, who scowled at her.
"Jennie, chill out for once."
"How am I supposed to 'chill out' when my wif- girlfriend's been captured!" Jennie whined, throwing her hands in the air. Jisoo giggled and looked at Jennie cheekily.
"What did you say before 'girlfriend' again? I didn't hear you." Jisoo teased.

Jennie's face flushed red, hiding in her hands and whining.
"Awh, how cute!" Chaeyoung giggled with Jisoo, who high-fived her. Just as Jennie was about to argue, Lilith busted through the door, catching her breath and alarmed the three women who sat around the dining table.

*************

"So what happened?" questioned Jennie, staring at the purple-haired woman in front of her.
"Yeah, did you find any information on Lalisa?"
"Where is she?" Chaeyoung and Jisoo blurted out, giggling afterwards. Jennie rolled her eyes at them and turned towards Lilith.
"So?"

"We've checked all of the kingdoms up here, and we've background searched Jongin's earth life. Based on what we've found so far, he has a guarded warehouse where he kept most of his victims where he was alive."
"How did he die?"
"He was running away from the police, but he got surrounded by them near an alleyway and later died when one held a gun to his head."
"That sounds oddly familiar, you know?" Jennie said, daydreaming about what Lilith had just told her.

Jennie's face lit up and her eyes went wide,
"That was him?!" she exclaimed, fumbling with her fingers.
"What?" Jisoo and Chaeyoung asked, looking at Jennie weirdly after her outburst.