twenty-two

"It's been so long."

----------------------

Jennie sat on the velvety cushions of her bed, the room dimly lit by a small candle which sat on her bedside table. She had her legs crossed, her arms laying on them and her head lifted, her eyes staring at a wall. The doors swung open and Chaeyoung burst in, jumping on Jennie's bed, startling her.
"Chae?" Jennie said, looking confused at Chaeyoung who was breathing heavily and her eyes holding alarm.

"J-Jen..." she stuttered, her eyes meeting Jennie's. Jennie nodded her head, signalling for her to go on.
"Remember when I said I'd get Lalisa back?", Jennie looked down and nodded again, the gruesome memories replaying in her head.
"I went to Lilith today, she looked in one of her books and told me Lalisa's name wasn't there..." she panted, finishing her short speech which left Jennie shook.

Lilith. She was someone Lalisa could trust, like a sister. Lilith worked as a General in heaven and had masses of books. The books were hidden in one of her drawers where only Lalisa knew where it was, and a few other close people who she'd told by accident, and it held spells, death notes, and the most important, or one of the most important, the book of death. The book of death showed the names of the people who'd been perished from heaven and hell altogether, causing them to be stuck in a time loop, a black room constantly replaying a tune, making the person go insane, or if the person had been killed.

When someone had been saved, released, snuck out or another had been put in their place, the person who'd been (examples), their name would be written in a deep red, coated with blood. And coincidentally, Lalisa was in there, her name the same font and colour, which alarmed the girls and left them confused. However, only Lilith was able to get her hands on a book, the book where it showed everyone's identity and personal information, and if they'd been (examples) during their execution, it would show.

--------------

"I don't buy it." Jennie scoffed, Chaeyoung looked at her as if she was insane, which Chaeng suddenly assumed. Jennie had heard and seen the books ages ago, but not once had she believed Lalisa, the queen of heaven, would be on there. Jennie rolled her eyes as Chaeyoung took her hand, hurling her off the bed and running to the General's office.
"Slow down!" Jennie whined, her legs going stiff and weak on every step.

They stopped in front of a similar wooden door, Chaeyoung knocked on it and a small yet stern voice spoke from inside.
"Come in Chaeyoung, you don't need to knock." Lilith grinned, Chaeyoung nodded and sat down in front of her. Lilith put down the paper she was reading and intertwined her fingers in a fist and placed them on the table, looking at Chaeng and then at Jennie.
"What's she doing here? She's a demon." Lilith asked, slightly enraging Jennie.

Chaeyoung sighed and smiled a bit, placing her hand on top of Lilith's balled ones.
"She doesn't believe Lisa's name is on that book and I need you to show her." 
"One book coming right up, Park Chaeyoung." Lilith teased, grabbing a heavy and dusty book from under one of the floorboards in her office. She unknowingly slammed it on the table and opened it to a specific page, Lilith signalled Jennie to come over and she did, staring down at the worn-out page.

And there it was, Lalisa Manoban's name written in dark, crimson blood with a hint of light purple, which confused the woman. Jennie frowned and looked up at the girl in front of her.
"Do you know what was the cause of this?" she asked, Lilith sat awhile in thought and nodded, smiling a bit. She took the book and put it in a safe where it was originally and headed to her bookcase, pulling out a book and slamming it in front of Jennie, making the frightened girl jump. Jennie was never fond of loud noises, and it showed.

Lilith grinned once more and flipped to a page, the cursive handwriting, written in the same colour as Lalisa's one had been, read
"If a name somehow has this colour during their execution, it means a person had saved them from the killing and put someone else in their place, the person can be easily figured out from the font, bold, italic and deep red means-"

"Wasn't Lalisa's like that?" Chaeyoung asked, looking at the book. Lilith looked at her and nodded,
"Everyone in here has their font, well, most important people I guess, or dangerous ones," she responded, Lilith then snatched the book away and held it close, causing Chaeyoung to whine and cross her arms in annoyance,
"Let us see!" Chaeyoung complained, trying to grab the book. Lilith sighed and put it on the table again.
"But make sure you won't kill the person. Alright?" she said, eying both the girls.

"Alright, read on," she said, the girls took the book and continued reading until the end of the sentence.
"If a name somehow has this colour during their execution, it means a person had saved them from the killing and put someone else in their place, the person can be easily figured out from the font, bold, italic and deep red means the woman who goes by the name Kim Jongin is responsible."

"Give me that book," Jennie ordered, Lilith nodded and gave her the book, watching Jennie scan over Lalisa's name. Her eyes lit up and then went into a murderous glint.
"Lalisa Manoban was found taken and kidnapped during her execution, angering people due to the fact someone who's name is Jeong-Hyuk had been put in her place, the search is still on for her and after days of searching, the person who'd kidnapped her worked in hell as a maid to Mistress Jennie and she'd recently been discharged, rumours spread like wildfire that she was working with Kim Jongin to strike on Lalisa and her name goes as

Kwon Mina"

___________________________

hey there :>

still having issues with publishing currently and I'm mad abt it so yeah (-:

edit: next day again and still isn't working (': I'm literally going mad and my chrome keeps shutting down constantly and I'm crying.