eighteen

"You're being executed next week.."

Lalisa was left in shock as tears bottled her eyes.
"But why?!" she shouted, fresh tears running down her face, as she stood up and banged her hands on the table, startling Rosie and Jisoo.
"You see...Lalisa, there's this new law that I forgot to tell you about.." Jisoo muttered, looking at her and Rosie's interlocked fingers.
"What is it?" Lalisa whispered, her body shaking.

"Ever since a maid caught you with Jennie, she knew you two were together. So, she told the general about it and we were uhm-"
"We were what?..."
"We were banished to even share breath with a demon, and whoever was caught doing so was scheduled to be executed with the demon watching if they somehow fell into love-"
"BUT I AM GOD! I CAN'T BE KILLED!" Lalisa screamed out of fury, her face turning rosy red, the tears more visible.

Rosie stood up and walked towards Lalisa and held her hands, staring into her eyes.
"I need to ask you guys something.." Lalisa murmured. Chaeyoung and Jisoo looked at her, worried.
"Anything," Chaeyoung said, smiling sweetly.
"Don't tell Jennie.." Lisa whispered. Chaeyoung and Jisoo were frozen.

"What?" Jisoo asked, staring in disbelief at the young, broken queen.
"I don't want her worrying about me.." Lisa replied quietly, Chaeyoung frowned and hugged Lisa tightly.
"We promise we won't tell her." Jisoo smiled. Lalisa nodded and looked down, exiting the room. Chaeyoung and Jisoo just looked at each other.

------

Lalisa knocked on the large, wooden door, the thumping echoing in the castle.
"Enter!" a slouchy voice said, Lalisa pushed the door open and glared at the woman in the seat.
"Oh, my old friend!." the woman said, her eyes widening at the sight of her friend in happiness. She lept up from her seat and engulfed Lalisa into a hug. Lisa pushed her away and glared at her with a more stern look. The woman raised an eyebrow.

"Don't call me that, General," Lisa said coldly, the General was taken back by her tone and a little upset.
"What happened-"
"You know what happened. You planned this." Lisa interrupted. The General cleared her throat and showed a seat to Lalisa. She took the hint and sat down in it. Lalisa and the General were face to face now.

"Tell me what happened since I'm unsure of what you're talking about."
"Duchess Roseanne and my helper, Kim Jisoo, told me that I'm being executed and it's all your doing.", Lalisa choked on her words, fighting to keep her tears down.
"Fuck." the General cursed under her breath and shakily stared back up at Lisa, placing her hands on the desk and tapping on the object.
"Lisa-"
"Lalisa."

"Lalisa, you know I would never lie to you, right?"
Lalisa looked down and fumbled with her fingers before muttering a 'Yes'.
"I swear on my life that I never had any business with this incident."
"But you're the only General."
"Not really. No."
"Then who else could it be?"

"Son Chaeyoung, or General Annabelle from another kingdom or dimension, we're still trying to figure out where she comes from."
Lalisa scowled at the mention of Annabelle, she seemed like such a nice woman but a devil she was. Lisa took a deep breath and let it out, staring at the General.
"Listen, Lilith. I could care less if you're from hell because I know that you're going to use that for an excuse for not doing this, but."
"But?"
"I-"

The door burst open, revealing her. Lalisa glared at her and stood up, making the smaller woman smirk.
"Son fucking Chaeyoung," Lalisa growled,
"Lalisa, I was called here so I don't understand what your problem is," Chaeyoung smirked, sitting down on the seat next to Lisa.
Lilith cleared her throat before sighing.
"Lalisa, please step out of the room," Lilith said, Lalisa bowed and left, the wooden doors banging behind her.

--

"Tell me, Chaeyoung. What was the purpose of this?"
"Well-"
"Let me finish."
Chaeyoung scoffed and stared at Lilith.
"No lying, because you're as see-through as glass. None of us here are idiots like at wherever you come from, Chaeyoung."
Chaeyoung looked at Lilith in utter disbelief.