two

Lalisa's POV:

"He's back..." I muttered, Jennie looked at me confused. I looked at her back, worried. I turned back and ran out the door of the palace, Jennie following me. "LALISA!" she shouted. She grabbed my arm but I slapped her. She looked pissed off and just walked away through the gates, and down to hell. That was the last time I thought I'd see her again.

<>Present Time<>

I closed my diary and sighed, I pulled at the white and golden blanket in frustration, I didn't know SLAPPING would make her snap. I looked up and saw a pale girl at my door with jet black hair. "My lady?" she asked politely, bowing to me. I got off the bed and walked towards her, "What do you need this time." I scoffed, her facial expression turned more serious now.

"Lalisa, I have no time for jokes," she spoke sternly. I raised an eyebrow and just looked at her.       "Earth is burning, one of my humans have proof of who it was. You were the only hope, miss," she said, I grew more curious by the second and motioned her to come in, she took a seat on my couch and I stood up, looking at her. I got closer and heard her breath, "Show me, show me who it is.". She grabbed my hand and we left out of the gates, leading to hell now. I gasped, there was only one person who took her anger out on humans.

The small girl pushed open the heavy doors and started to speak to a figure that sat on a tall, ruby red throne. I just stared at her, completely lost in thought. The girl next to me shook as the figure got off its throne. The person walked closer to me and the girl and sighed, "Why are you even her-" her words got cut off by me, "Jennie. Just listen.". Her face looked shocked, was it something about me? Jennie's face straightened and she looked at me, "What is the news?" she asked, getting back on her throne. I just took a deep breath then looked at her, again.

"Did you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Did you burn the earth?"

Jennie was lost in words, mouth open and eyes blank.

"Did you?"

She looked sad, I didn't pay any attention to it but I did look outside, the earth at the bottom of the stairs. 

"Look.", I walked up to the window and pressed one of my hands against the window, looking at the bright and dark red flames igniting on the vulnerable earth. Nothing like this could change Jennie's mind, but somehow I did. She stood next to me, staring at the same thing I was and then at me.

"Why do you think I did this, Lalisa?"

"Call me Lisa, and I don't know. You just seemed like the type of person to do this, I guess."

"Only someone named Kim Jongin did this. He was guilty of stuff like this, after his father."

"How do you know about him?"

"He's... You know what, nevermind."

She broke the moment and walked away, sitting upon her throne,

"Jennie, we need to do something, both heaven and hell will eventually become over-populated and we'll be able to do nothing about it!", I pleaded and pleaded until she finally gave in, Jennie sighed and stood tall in front of me, holding my hand. A swirl of black came in my sight. Kim Jongin?

<>Weeks ago<>

I ran in my room, upset about what happened between me and Jennie a few minutes ago, I didn't want her to know who he was but someday she'd figure out. Honestly, it was the best she doesn't know. I took out my diary and started to write something over and over across the page.

"Kim Jongin" I felt like I'd go insane at the thought of that name. I feared that he would hurt me. I was defenceless even against my mind.

<>Present Time<>

I froze, then slowly turning to Jennie,

"Kim Jongin?..." my voice cracked, Jennie walked up to me and held my hand,

"What's the problem, Lisa?" she asked me,

"Nothing, I'm just...scared of him I guess..." I smiled fakely. I saw the lack of amusement in her face as she got closer and closer until my back hit the window,

"Jennie, let go," I whispered, she just smirked at me,

"Not until you tell me..." she whispered back, her breath hitting my neck. I shuddered at the coldness on my jawline, her face was now inches away from mine, her finger on my chin, lifting it.

"Now, what's the problem? Tell me, Lalisa.", I could tell she was serious,

"If I tell you, will you let go?" I whimpered, her nails digging desperately into my shoulders.

"Mhm..." she hummed, I sighed, something in my throat refrained my ability to speak now.

"U-Um-" I stuttered, losing my confidence faster than light, Jennie looked at me, again confused.

"Speak.".

"Just let go..." I muttered, turning my head to not face her's anymore. Jennie put her finger under my chin again and turned my head towards her.

"No." she smirked, moving her head closer to mine, 

"Fine! I'll tell you!" I shouted,

"Just let go...".

Her face softened as she let go, Jennie rubbed my shoulders and looked down,

"Are you okay?" she asked me, putting her hand on my shoulder.

"I'm fine, so...", I nodded and took her to a room in her castle, it was dark and dusty in there with hoards of books. It was a library but forgotten. Abandoned. 

"How..." Jennie whispered and I looked back at her with a pile of books in my hand.

"How what?"

"How did you know about this?", I looked at her, not knowing what to say, I walked towards her and dropped the books on the floor, releasing unbearable amounts of dust. I sat down in front of her and took one of the books in my hands, looking at the cover. I flicked over a few pages and stopped at one, a black page with blood-red writing on it. I handed it to her and Jennie hesitantly took it.

"What is this?"

"Just read the page."

She read it for a few minutes before looking shocked and dropping the book, looking at me wide-eyed. My face just stood blank, it's like if we'd just switched souls.

"Lisa..."

"What?"

"Where did you find this?"

"Why?"

"Just...Follow me.", she grabbed my hand then burst out the door, I looked back and locked the door somehow but then looked at Jennie, running somewhere with my hand in hers. We entered a dark room, one that looked like the page, but more sinister.

"It's cold in here..." I shivered, looking at the beautiful woman next to me, staring at the walls. She walked towards one of the carvings and black, thick wings flapping in front of me. Jennie flew up and pointed at one of them, I looked closer and suddenly got colder from a rough voice behind me, whispering in my ear.

"Miss me?"

1161 words (;