four

"I love you, Limario." were the only words I ever wanted to hear from Jongin, but I never did. My eyes slowly opened and I felt my face heat up suddenly. I heard footsteps outside of the door, I looked to my side and saw Jennie fast asleep already, I looked back at the door. The door handle rattled. I started to feel uneasy so I shook Jennie awake,

"Lisa, what is it? It's midnight..." Jennie groaned, looking at me, her eyes half-open. I pointed towards the moving handle of the door and she got up, paying as much attention to it as I did. I saw a dark flash beside me and Jennie was gone, my eyes widened and I looked to the door, startled that she was standing there. She was looking in between the crack of the door and looked at me, worried.

"Who's that, Lisa?" she whispered, I got out of my bed and opened the door. Nothing was there, only a soft giggle. I looked around, keeping both my hands on either door. I looked back at Jennie who looked scared and laughed,

"Jennie, you do realise-", I looked back at the darkness and saw a face, I screamed and slammed the door shut,

"What...The...Fu-", Jennie covered my mouth, trying to keep me silent. She held me close, picking me up and running to the closet.

"Get on some clothes, we're leaving." she scurried for clothes in my closet and handed them to me, I looked at her confused but still took the dress she had in her hands. I put it on and she grabbed my hand then ran towards the window.

"Jennie, what about your clothes?" I asked, panting out of worry. She looked at me and clicked her fingers, making the same black cloud she did before, and when it cleared she had the same dress on when she visited me. Jennie looked towards the window, releasing her grip on my hand and then pushing the heavy window open,

"Let out your wings, Lalisa. We need to hurry." Jennie panted, and so I did. My back ached in pain as my wings grew and grew out of my back. I hissed in pain and she patted my head to reassure me. I looked at her as if it wouldn't work, but it was too late. She'd taken my hand and flown out the window, I almost fell to the ground since I hadn't used these wings in ages, but I didn't care. I pulled her down and she softly landed on the ground. I looked at her, my wings covering my body.

"Jennie, why the hell did you do tha-", I heard a smash from upstairs, I looked towards it and saw a black silhouette with black, large wings staring at me through the window, Jennie held me closer as it flew to us. The 'thing' landed on the ground, smirking.

"What the hell do you want this time?" Jennie growled.

"Can't I see my ex-girlfriend with another woman and take her away with me?" he replied, my body shook softly as I heard the 'ex-girlfriend' bit. It couldn't be him, or so I hoped not. I felt a strong grasp on my arm, pulling me out of Jennie's embrace. I gasped silently and looked at the person, he had the same hair as Jisoo and had a honey-blazed skin tone with dark, brown and evil eyes staring right into my terrified ones.

"Jongin, let go," I whispered, he looked down at me in the pleasure of my fear. I felt his breath on my neck and my hands on his chest, trying to push away,

"Not so strong now, eh?" he smirked, I cringed and looked back pleadingly at Jennie, but she wasn't there at all. My eyes flooded with tears. Why would she leave me? And why in his control?... I closed my eyes tightly, surrendering. The pain of his nails digging into my skin as he smiled at my reaction hurt even more. Jennie

"You're coming with me, Lalisa," Jongin whispered, still holding me close, closer than ever. I whimpered at the lack of air, causing me to pass out.

Jennie's POV:

 I held Lalisa close, but not close enough. She'd been swept away from my safe embrace to his. My mortal enemy. The man who'd eliminated everyone I loved. That's why I kept Lalisa close, to protect her. I saw her, hurt in his arms. My heart throbbed at the sight of her. I suddenly felt a cold hand on mine and inject something in it, making me pass out and be dragged back into eternal darkness.

Rosé's POV:

I sat on Jennie's throne, looking at the door, bored out of my mind. She hasn't been back in hell for hours, almost days. I started to get worried and pace around in front of the gates. 

"Mina!" I shouted, alarming a woman, the same size as me, who stood in the room with me. She had long, black hair and her forehead were covered by a thin, fringe. Her eyes looked freakishly like Jongin's, almost scaring me.

"Rosé?" she said, catching my attention.

"Mina, have you heard any news from Jennie?"

"No, Lady Lalisa isn't responding as well, the signal's almost lost."

"What if that Lalisa girl did something to Jennie!" I shouted,

"Rosie! Just listen to me!" Mina shouted back, leaving me silent,

"Chaeng, you realise Lalisa is the purest out of everyone here? She also expressed her admiration for Jennie's recent kindness towards her, why would she do anything?". Whatever Mina just said, shocked me. I'd always thought Lalisa's personality was all just a joke, just for the sake of it.

"Mina, I'll sort it out. You should go look after the children." I told her, she bowed and left. I spaced out for a while until a loud knock echoed from the door. I got off the throne and went to open it, hoards of soldiers dressed in gold and white looked at me suspiciously,

"Ma'am."

"What is it?" I scoffed, I had to keep my reputation since I was the messenger for the RULER of hell.

"May we talk to Mistress-"

"-Jennie. She isn't here and neither is Lalisa, so get lost." I interrupted one of them. They looked at me in disgust. They marched in but before they could, I slammed the doors in their faces. I heard shouts from the other side and just rolled my eyes. I put my guard down and frowned, I sat on the ground, my back leaning against one of the walls. 

"FOR THE LOVE OF HELL! WHERE ARE YOU JENNIE?!" I screamed, grabbing a handful of my hair and pulling it, my eyes filled with tears. It was my job to protect her and trace her every movement. I felt as if I'd failed her, not even I knew what was going to happen to me and my job when she found out.

I looked up, my makeup smudged. I locked eyes with her, Lalisa. However, it was only a hallucination. It felt so real, I stared at her beauty, but also her constant fear in her face. She looked so young, so vulnerable. What happened to her parents and where were they? 

"Lady Lalisa..." I whispered, she looked down at me and smiled weakly. Scars and bruises grew on her face, growing bigger and bigger.

"Park Chaeyoung..." she answered, sitting in front of me, her eyes red and puffy.

"What happened to me?" Lalisa whispered, still smiling.

"Lalisa, what do you mean..."

"When did I become so... soft?... So trusting?" she cried, smiling. My heart ached and I sat on my knees, not knowing what to do. Mina wasn't lying, she was always so pure, so happy. That was one of the things I hated about her, one of the things I wish I'd have one day. 

"It isn't your fault..." I smiled at her,

"Chaeyoung, I need help. Find me, please..." she cried harder, no longer smiling anymore. I grew more curious with every word that came out of her mouth. I've honestly never felt something like this, I've never felt sadness in my whole life. I nodded at her request, the image of her began to slowly fade away. A circle of light popped in front of me, a white feather fell to the ground, turning black. I looked at it, confused. I took it in my hands, staring and staring.

"What..." I thought. I got up and just kept my glare on the feather that was once white. I headed for the gates of heaven after cleaning myself up. I knocked on the gates and a small girl answered it, her tiny hands struggled to open it, making me chuckle. 

"Is Lalisa here?" I crouched down to her level and asked her softly. She shook her head 'no'.

"I know where she is, I think...", my eyes widened.

"But it's very dangerous, there's a 2% chance of surviving in there."

"Who's the leader of the place?"

"Kim Jongin, everyone knows him in heaven.", Jongin? I fell to the ground and started to cry. 

He was back...