six

It had been a whole year without her now, today was her birthday and I was more determined to find her now. I paced back and forth in the throne room, stressing. Rosie walked in, or I assumed it was her.

"Chaeyoung, I don't have time," I growled, I heard the person gasp, it was low and rough. Footsteps grew closer to me and I looked up, 

"Jongin." I scowled, I clenched my fists and aimed for his nose, hitting him directly in it. Giving him a bruise and probably busting it.

I heard him groan in pain and I smirked, he looked back up at me, angrier than before. He walked closer to me, he pinned me against a wall and smiled evilly.

"Remember how you and Lalisa died?" he whispered close to my ear, my eyes widened.

<>Flashback<>

"SLOW DOWN" Lalisa screamed, clutching onto me with her life, crying. I held her and looked at the driver, frantically trying to push the brake. It was a rainy day, rainy enough that fog built up. Thick, no ended fog. 

"I CAN'T! THE BRAKE IS BROKEN!" the man shouted back, I held onto my dongsaeng, we were both crying uncontrollably now.

"Jennie unnie?" she sniffed, I looked into her red, puffy eyes, still beautiful.

"I love yo-".

And that was it.

A car swerved from the other lane into ours, the crash never affected the other car, only us. The car tumbled down a hill, turning and turning until it couldn't anymore. The only thing I saw in my blurred vision was Lalisa, bleeding. I cried then suddenly fell into endless darkness. Or so I thought. 

<>Present Time<>

My eyes widened, how did he know about that? My eyes teared up so I hid my face, hoping he wouldn't notice my tears. But he somehow did.

"Jennie," he got closer to me, I looked up at him, my tears escaping my eyes and trickling down my face.

"Have you ever wondered who was driving that car?", his gaze grew more obvious, I pushed him away and panted heavily, but why?

"What the...What THE F*CK?!" I screamed, my face filled with rage and oppression both at the same time, in unison. I looked to my right, a small knife in the corner, engraved with pure gold and quartz with a symbol, the symbol of Lalisa's face on the handle. I gradually walked towards it, still keeping my eyes on Jongin. I hastily grabbed it and held it in front of me, as if it was a soul I was sacrificing. He walked closer, I held my head down and tightened my grip.

"Don't be scared of me, Nini.", my grip softened. 'Nini' was the nickname Lalisa gave me before we'd gotten into the crash. Since her mind was already weak, she'd forgotten everything. Everything about us. My eyes formed more tears, threatening to fall down my face again.

I cornered him and held the knife up to his throat, glaring at him. My face showed dominance but my inner feelings sure didn't. I was weak. I was weak without her.

"Where is she..." I muttered, he smirked and looked at me.

"Who?"

"Lalisa Manoban, have you gone deaf? WHERE IS SHE?!" I shouted, furious. I strengthened the knife's grip on his neck. He whimpered and gave in, or so I thought.

"There's always a price, Jennie Ruby Jane." Jongin smiled which was fake. 

"Anything," I whispered, loud enough for him to hear me.

"Anything?"

"Of course I said it, you have gone deaf, Jongin."

"Call me by my real name."

"Jongin."
"I'm serious.

"Fine." I facepalmed myself and looked up at him.

"Kai, just give her back to me for god's sake.", he looked at me, a hint of fear in his eyes. I smirked at this.

He looked down, this was my chance.

"Kim Jongin, I know your secret.", he looked up at me in surprise.

"H-How?..." he stuttered, I smiled that same smile he did. Evil and plotting something.

"Human. You're able to be defeated. The King of darkness is always a mortal, don't act stupid with me, Kai.". Kai looked down again.

"Do it, but I'm still not telling you were Lalice is.". I showed him who was really in charge here. Me. I left a huge, deep cut on his neck, blood pouring out of it as he yelped in pain.

"This'll be a slow, painful death unless you tell me where Lalisa is.", he looked at me from the ground. I stared back with hatred. Kai huffed and got back up, lifting his head.

"She's in my palace, I forgot where she is," he whispered,

"Kill me, Jennie. Pull me into pain, darkness and all my worst fears.", a stray tear formed on his face. I sighed and held the knife to his neck again. He looked at me again, smirking this time. I only gave him a blank stare. He suddenly disappeared, I felt a ray of heat on my neck and turned around, only to face him.

"Jennie, you have no idea how much I adore you. How much I love you," he said, walking closer and closer.

"You know how I'd kill everyone existing just for you..."

"Just one price, one price, Jennie. And you get what you wanted."

"Lalisa.", he whispered her name in my ear, causing me to shudder. A cold feeling of sorrow ran in my body. He snaked his hands on my waist, hoisting me closer. Our faces were inches apart, I was frozen in my spot. Helpless.

A hazy form appeared behind Jongin which took my complete attention. She had long, brown hair and a fringe that covered her forehead. Her big, chestnut doe eyes looked into my dusky ones. Her dress was long and torn, her face wounded, and so was the rest of her body. Bleeding and bruised. She smiled at me. Lalisa. I wept internally and held out my free hand for her. The figure of Lalisa smiled and took her palm in mine.

"Jennie, please. Find me, I pray." she smiled, tears treading down her face like me. Her wings no longer a conventional white, but a vague, opaque grey. 

"I will...I promise..." I murmured, crying.

1010 words ((:

(SLOW UPDATES NOWWW

please don't stop reading TwT) i lied i love writing this so yea