twenty-four

"𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭."

__________________________________________

"Show us, what is it?" Chaeyoung asked Lilith.
 She sighed and extended her arm so the bright light of the phone was visible for all three of them. Jennie gasped, covering her mouth and Jisoo and Chaeyoung were left speechless. Jennie balled up her fists and looked down, Lilith sighed once more and put a hand on her shoulder.
"See this before getting angry, Jen." Lilith grinned, showing her the phone.
Jennie slowly lifted her head and stared at the screen, her eyes growing wide, she looked at Lilith who just smiled.

__________________________________________

"This isn't a trap, right?" Jisoo asked,
Chaeyoung looked at Jisoo in disbelief and smacked her on the shoulder, causing her to giggle.
"Don't say that Ji! You know how scared I get in these types of situations!" Chaeyoung whined,
Jennie sighed and held Chaeyoung's hand, her face remaining calm and stern while she looked ahead. Lilith came to a halt, making Chaeyoung walk into her back, Jisoo giggled and covered her mouth. Chaeng rolled her eyes and looked at where the two other girls looked.

"Guys, where are we?" Jisoo suddenly asked.
Chaeyoung shrugged and smiled, looking everywhere but her eyes. Lilith looked back at them and furrowed her eyebrows.
"Guys, I found the location."
"Didn't we find the location ages ago- ow!" Chaeyoung whined, holding her shoulder and glaring at Jisoo who grinned at her.
"That was a fake one, I was able to hack into his security systems which were surprisingly weak and found where he's hiding."

Jennie smiled at her and pat her shoulder, staring at the huge screens in front of them.
"Hey, have you found anything on Lalisa yet?" Jennie asked her, Lilith shook her head and frowned.
"Not yet, only a few miniature signs but the connection to it isn't fully stable yet."
"So we found a connection to her?"
"Yes, but as I said before, it's weak, so we're not able to find where she is or where Jongin is hiding her," Lilith explained, Jennie furrowed her eyebrows and then smiled.

"I'm going to pretend I know what she just said," Chaeyoung said, crossing her arms and pouting. Jisoo scoffed and smiled, squishing her cheeks.
"Don't do that Chaeng, it's not cute." Jisoo teased, Chaeyoung stared at her, a fake offended look plastered on her delicate face.
"Shut up! That's your opinion!" Chaeyoung shouted, swatting Jisoo's hands off her cheeks.
Jisoo frowned and broke eye-contact, staring at the screens filled with codes and well - more codes.

__________________________________

"What's wrong with the two?" Lilith snickered, pointing at Chaeyoung and Jisoo who occasionally glared at each other. Jennie shrugged and averted her attention back to the screens on the wall.
"At least pay some interest in us!" Lilith whined.
Jennie sighed and stared at her, her eyes blank and dull.
"Not until we get m- our Lalisa back.

"My Lalisa back? Is that what you wanted to say?" Lilith teased.
Jennie shot her a glare and crossed her arms, looking at the screens and scanning them individually. Something lit up on the screen, catching both of their attentions.
"What's that?"
"I don't know!" Jennie whined, hitting Lilith's arm.
"Why are you so strong?!"
"I'm literally Satan!"
"Fair point."

"Anyways, what is that?" Jennie asked,
referring to the set of numbers and letters that popped up on the screen. Lilith sighed and printed out the screen pages separately and examined them.
"Did you find anything?"
"I think so...."
"Great! What is it?"

"It's a message."