seven

27th of March, her birthday.

I thought, looking up at the blossoming cherry tree which towered above me, sweet and cute. I sat down, staring at the flowers. Two full years without her. Without my Lalisa. I missed her, a lot. I felt something tap my shoulder, I shuddered and looked behind me, seeing the same figure I'd seen with Kai. I smiled.

She sat next to me, smiling broadly. This made me confused.

"Lalisa," I whispered, she looked at me with her wide, doe eyes. Captivating me in her beauty. 

"How is it there? How does it look?" I asked her, Lalisa's eyes turned back to her original dull grey. I frowned and moved closer to her. She looked around her, and then at me.

"Jennie unnie, it's dark here. I can't see anything. There's only a window."

"Open it."

"What?"

"Open it, please.".

And just like that, she was gone. I smiled visibly, not strong enough. I sighed heavily then closed my eyes, everywhere I'd looked, she was there. I stood up and walked towards a beautiful field, docked in roses and gems. I walked towards a rose and picked it up, I stared at it in my hand. Not blinking at all. I held it on my forehead and whispered,

"Saranghae, Lali." I smiled. I put it back on the ground, letting it slowly drift down. A certain item caught my eye, I walked to it unknowingly and held it up. A bright opal, beautiful and small, like Lalice. I chuckled at the thought.

I looked up at the sky and it was already dark, the twilight illuminated on my sparkling face as I peered into the distance once more. I turned my head towards the door and made my way inside. I plopped down on my bed, my hands on my lap, holding the opal. I looked down at it. How did he know?

"Your sweet Lalice, your 'lover' isn't here to help you. Nini." Jongin smirked, growing taller in front of my shocked figure. 

<>Flashback<>

I grabbed her hand and lead her into a gazebo, enchanting and mesmerising. I looked over to her and smiled at the shock on her face.

"Do you like it?"

"I love it!" she squealed. I couldn't help but smile at her cuteness.

I ruffled her hair and smiled broadly at her,

"I'll always protect you, Lalice,"  I whispered.

"Huh?"

"Nothing.".

<Time Skip>

I held her closer on the seat, staring out the window.

"When will we arrive?"

"Traffic's not that bad, but the rain is. Ma'am."

"Keep driving, we HAVE to get there in time."

"Yes Ma'am.".

I looked down as Lalisa slept on my lap, I smiled and kissed her forehead. I looked to the road, now panicked.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" I screamed, clutching Lalisa closer. I felt her move and saw her looking at me in confusion. Her eyes turned to the road and a tear escaped her eye.

"Jennie!", I looked to her and smiled, 

"I don't want to die..." she mumbled, digging her face in the crook of my neck. I rested my chin on her head and stroked her hair slowly.

"You won't, I promise."

"Promise?"

"Promise.".

<>Present<>

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up at the same pale woman, her hair longer than usual.

"Unnie?" I whispered, fiddling with the opal in my hands. I saw her get closer to me then sit on the space next to me.

"Jennie? Can you look up at me?", I slowly lifted my head and looked at her, Jisoo smiled at me widely.

"We have good news. And some bad," she said, looking everywhere except at me. I furrowed my eyebrows, straightening my look on her. She held my hand and dragged me out of my room and to a huge room in the palace.

"What's this?" I asked, my eyes shining at the sight. Dimly lit fairy lights, and something else that was oddly familiar.

"I made a remake of it, Jennie." Jisoo smiled, holding out her arms to the structure in the middle. I walked towards it, my thoughts rushing away instantly.

"W-Wow...But. How?"

"My mother's friend was your guardian angel back on earth, you see," Jisoo said. I looked at her, shocked.

"I remember you and Lalisa being here, it was adorable. So I recreated it!" she squealed, I smiled wider than ever then looked to Jisoo. The same gazebo stood in front of me, same details and everything was on point. Symmetrical. I sat down in the same place I'd did before. Still staring at everything. I suddenly frowned.

"It's more meaningless without Lalisa here," I grumbled, Jisoo followed my frown then smiled again. She motioned for me to come over and I obeyed her.

"What's your good news? I forgot to ask." I said while walking down the dark red hallways. Jisoo stared at one of the walls which had a large photo on it.

"See that?" she pointed at the picture, I stared at it and abruptly smiled. Lalisa stood there tall with two other children in front of her. She looked freakishly young, surprisingly. 

"Lalisa? But how...We were both hu-"

"You weren't, Jennie.".

I looked at Jisoo, shocked and somewhat kind of irate.

"You and Lalisa were sent down. As bad as it sounds, you were adopted. Adopted, and so was Lalisa.".

A tear left my eye, again. This happened very often, starting when I lost Lisa.

I shook my head then looked at Jisoo.

"Your good news was?".

Jisoo sighed deeply then looked at me, a glint of happiness in her eyes.

"We found her."

933 words ((:

AAAAAAAAA

hi

it's currently three am and i am writing this

i've officially gone insane

bye