Chapter Four: The Amnesia

Jisoo stopped dead in her tracks just before entering her wife's room.

"May I have more water?" Jennie's voice came to her and Roy as they stood on the other side of the privacy curtain.

"Let's give your stomach a chance to adjust," Sungkyung encouraged.

"When can I go home?"

If Roy didn't have a hand on her shoulder, Jisoo thought for sure she'd fall down. Jennie was awake. Her wife was awake. Completely awake.

Doctor Lee paused just outside Jennie's room before entering. "Give me a minute and you can come in," he said to Jisoo.

Jisoo nodded, still in a state of shock.

"Miss Jennie," Doctor Lee greeted Jennie. "I see you're feeling much better."

Jennie felt a rush of adrenaline flow through her. His voice was familiar.

"Do I know you?" Jennie asked.

"I'm afraid our times together have been a bit one-sided." Doctor Lee approached the side of the bed. "I'm Doctor Lee Jongsuk and I've been with you the entire time of your stay."

"My stay?"

Doctor Lee chuckled. "I'm sure you have a number of questions. All will be answered in time."

"What happened?"

"You were in a car accident."

"I was?"

"Yes, but first, I need to know how you're feeling. Headaches? Nausea?"

Jennie looked down in thought a moment, then shook her head. "I don't think so."

Doctor Lee chuckled again, "That's good. Are you up for a visitor?"

Jennie's face lit up at him, "My mom?"

Jisoo and Roy looked at one another. Jennie's mother passed away shortly after Jinwoo's birth.

"Your mother isn't here, Miss Jennie."

"Dad?"

Roy wasn't feeling comfortable at all. Their father had passed away two years before their mother.

"I'm not sure where your parents are, Miss Jennie," Doctor Lee told her. "I haven't seen them."

"Oh," the disappointment filling Jennie's voice.

"I was thinking your wife," he said.

Jennie's eyes grew wide. Her breathing coming in shallow breaths. "I don't have a wife."

Doctor Lee quickly took note of Jennie's disoriented state. "Miss Jennie?"

"Look, my mom will come. Someone needs to call her."

"Alright," Doctor Lee calmly approached. "Where does your mom live?"

"On Hongdae."