Chapter Forty-Nine: The Teasing Family

Jisoo's family planned to leave the next day.

Jennie left the house a short time to meet up with her new landlord at the townhouse to give the Kim's time as a family. She needed space.

She'd begin moving in the next day after they sat down with Jinwoo and explained things.

Jennie couldn't believe the pain she felt in her heart. Knowing she was going to break her son's heart.

Jisoo loved her son. Jennie could see it.

She simply couldn't stay in a marriage knowing how Jisoo felt about her. Jisoo's lack of trust. If Jisoo loved her, Jisoo will trust her.

When Jennie returned to the house, the rest were gathered around the dining table eating a lunch of leftovers.

Jinwoo was so happy. He couldn't be surrounded by any more love than he was at this moment.

Jennie discovered the Kim's were a vocal bunch. Always talking to one another. Joking and teasing aplenty. So much different than her own family had been.

She fixed herself a sandwich and joined them. The only open chair was near Jisoo.

Jisoo seemed to recover well from how they woke this morning. Time for Jennie to toughen up as well she supposed.

Just as Jennie was taking a drink from her soda, Taeyeon asked, "How much longer do I have to wait for another grandchild?"

Jennie choked on her soda. Coughing and sputtering, barely able to catch her breath. Jisoo patted her back trying to help her as Joohyun let her own disapproval be known.

"Geez Mom, now you're pressuring these guys? Or is it just another reminder for me?"

"Unnie, Mom didn't mean it," Jisoo started.

"Stuff it Sooya!" Joohyun yelled before pushing her chair back and making her way upstairs.

"Oh dear," Taeyeon said as Jennie's choking continued. "Are you going to be alright?"

Jennie held up her hand, trying to wave them off while catching her breath. Her lungs hurt from choking.

Once she was able to breathe, she looked at Taeyeon with watery eyes. "I'm fine, Auntie." Her voice hoarse.

Taeyeon then asked excitedly, "Oh, I'm not ruining a surprise am I?"

Jennie looked wide-eyed to Jisoo then her mother-in-law.

"Mom, we don't have any baby news," Jisoo told her mom.

"Well, you know, Jin is getting bigger. And, after this morning..."

"Mom," Jisoo dragged out her mom's name in warning.

Jennie was turning red. She pushed back from her chair as well. "Please excuse me," she said before leaving and going upstairs as well.

"Did I say something wrong?" Taeyeon asked. Soohyun snorted.

"No Mom," Jisoo said as she sat back in her chair and ran her hand down her face.

Jisoo's mother certainly made Jisoo's quest for Jennie more difficult.

If anything was going to make Jennie bolt from their marriage, it would be pressure to have another child. Especially since Jennie's been so adamant about it before the accident.

**********

Jennie knocked on the guest bedroom door. Joohyun softly told her to come in.

"Are you alright Unnie?" Jennie asked as she walked over and sat next to her on the side of the bed.

"Jen, I love Sooya, I really do. But, because she's all settled down, Mom expects me to be well. I'm just not cut out for the whole home-hearth thing." Jennie held Joohyun's hands in hers.