Chapter Nine: The Candlelit

Jisoo lay in bed listening to Jennie as she got ready for bed. Her body tightening as she'd heard Jennie slide beneath the covers. Thankfully, Jennie's exhaustion caused her to fall asleep quickly. She, on the other hand, passed out sometime in the three of the morning.

She stopped to look at Jennie before making that much needed pot of coffee. Jennie never had been a restless sleeper. The bedding on the other half of the bed never moved. Jisoo cocked her head-Jennie's on the wrong side of the bed. Hell, the whole damn thing was hers.

Jennie entered the dining area. Jisoo's back was to her as Jisoo read the newspaper, a coffee mug on the table before her.

"Good morning," Jisoo greeted, not moving. Jennie gasped. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you. Coffee's in the kitchen."

Jennie poured a cup and sat in the chair to Jisoo's right.

"Hungry?" Jisoo asked, lowering the newspaper to look at her wife.

Big mistake. Jennie's hair sleep tousled. Her eyes bright, though showing a hint of sleepiness. She found an old night shirt of hers styled like a long football jersey.

"Are you alright?" Jennie asked.

"I-didn't know you were awake. I didn't hear the shower."

"Shower?"

"You don't usually come down until you've showered."

"Oh." Jennie lowered the mug and looked at Jisoo.

It was then Jisoo noticed Jennie's coffee mug.

"No cream?" Jisoo asked.

"I didn't know where it was."

Jisoo stood and began walking to the kitchen. "Come on, I'll show you where the cream is." She looked over her shoulder at Jennie playfully. "The pint in the fridge may be enough for you."

As Jennie leaned against the counter, Jisoo pulled out not only the cream, but eggs and bacon. As Jennie added the flavored liquid to her coffee, she watched Jisoo cook.

Jisoo's pants fit perfectly on her slim hips and butt. Her t-shirt emphasizing her toned shoulders and muscular arms. Jennie remembered those arms around her in the hospital. Offering comfort when she felt completely lost learning of a son she didn't remember.

Now, Jennie mind tried to conjure up images of what her arms felt like at the other times. What did Jisoo embrace feel like when they created Jinwoo? Did Jisoo hold her tight? No, Jisoo shown only tenderness thus far. It came so naturally to her. Jisoo was a tender lover. That much Jennie was certain.

Jennie closed her eyes. The memories she did have, though, had apprehension tingling down her spine. Jisoo's hand when it touched hers as Jisoo helped her to stand on the hospital patio. Jisoo's soft kiss as she came out of her darkness. Oh, this woman was a lethal combination. How did she contain herself when Jisoo unleashed that combination on her in passion? She felt dizzy at the thought.

"Hey, you okay?" Jisoo's soft voice called out to her as Jisoo's hands held her upper arms.

Jennie opened her eyes to see Jisoo's concerned eyes looking back at her. She wanted to ask Jisoo what it was like. Making love to her had to be nothing short of heaven. So many things she was certain of, so why couldn't she produce the memories to back up what she knew?

Coloring returned to Jennie's face.

"You'd better drink your coffee," Jisoo instructed. "Your mind may not remember, but your body knows it doesn't function well until the second mug."

Jennie smiled, lowering her gaze in embarrassment as Jisoo returned to her cooking task. Right now, it was safer to talk to Jisoo's back.

"I'm sorry, I was just trying to force a memory."