Chapter Fifty-Three: The Reasons

Jennie sat in the passenger seat of Lalisa's pickup truck, silent tears still flowing.

"I can't go home," Jennie softly cried.

Lalisa took her eyes off the road a second to look at Jennie. She hated seeing the raw hurt Jennie was going through.

"What about Jin?" Lalisa asked, turning her attention back to the road.

"I can't let him see me like this."

"Where is he?"

"Chahee is with him at my place." Jennie turned and looked at Lalisa. "Please."

Lalisa gave a sigh. She knew all too well Jennie's protectiveness of her son.

"Alright."

A short time after arriving at Lalisa's apartment, she found all she could do was watch as Jennie let all her emotions flow.

Sometime in the early morning hours, Jennie finally fallen asleep as Lalisa sat with her on the sofa.

After Lalisa covered Jennie with a blanket, she sat and watched Jennie sleep. All the while wondering where the hell they all went from here.

She rests her head back on the sofa and let a deep breath go. Part of her wanted to hit Jisoo for putting Jennie through this.

Yet, she had to admit, Jisoo appeared to be just as much a victim as her and Jennie were.

She also realized there was truly nothing she could do about all the damage Yeri had done. Jennie was now alone.

**********

Jisoo sat at her desk the next morning. She came in early, unable to sleep anyway.

She'd gone to Jennie's townhouse last night and Chahee had told her she didn't anticipate Jennie coming home.

Her stomach tightened. Had last night brought Jennie and Lalisa together?

She grabbed her jacket and made her way to her truck.

A short time after she arrived at the office building a few miles from the Ark, she saw another pickup truck pull up in front of the building.

"Lalisa!" Jisoo called out to Lalisa as she made her way to the front door of the building.

Lalisa turned, saw Jisoo approaching and rolled her neck. So much for easing the tension.

"Where the hell is my wife?" Jisoo demanded once she caught up to Lalisa.

"Not here," Lalisa answered as she pinched the bridge of her nose.

"I know she didn't go home last night. Dammit her car is still at the Ark!"

Lalisa noticed they were gaining attention from others nearby. "Do you really want to do this out here?"

Anger radiated off Jisoo as she followed Lalisa into the building and into one of the suites.

Manoban Construction's temporary sign hung just outside the door they entered.

"Where is she?" Jisoo asked again.

Lalisa turned and was just as angry.

"Why don't you ask what you really want to ask?" Lalisa shot back. "You wanna know where she woke up this morning? My place."

Jisoo grabbed Lalisa by her shirt.

"What are you up to?" Jisoo snarled.

"Same thing I've been up to the past couple of years," Lalisa cockily retorted as she shoved Jisoo back.