Chapter Sixty-Seven: The Happy Ending

Jennie sat at Mrs. Kang's dining table. The woman had moved into the first unit at the senior housing three months ago and invited Jennie in for tea whenever she saw her on the grounds to the second complex that had recently begun.

With the first units filling up quickly and many applications still on hold, Jisoo's Ark was busy making another hundred and sixty unit buildings.

"Are you feeling alright dear?" Mrs. Kang asked when Jennie hadn't touched her homemade cookies.

"Oh, I'm fine. Just a little queasy today. Must have been something I ate."

"How long have you felt like this?" Mrs. Kang asked.

"Since before dinner last night. I'm sure it's nothing."

The older woman smiled before excusing herself.

Mrs. Kang approached someone on Jisoo's crew outside.

"Young man, can you tell me if that gorgeous Architect Kim is around today?"

"Yeah, she's over there."

Mrs. Kang followed in the direction he'd pointed.

Jennie and Jisoo had both been warmly welcomed into the Kang's lives, as well as a few others who'd moved in.

Jisoo was making notations on blueprints when Mrs. Kang stepped closer to her.

"Jisoo," Mrs. Kang softly called.

As always, Jisoo gave Mrs. Kang her charming smile as she looked at her over her shoulder.

"Hey Mrs. Kang," Jisoo greeted. "What brings you out here today?" she asked before going back to making her note.

"I think you should come to my place," Mrs. Kang answered.

Jisoo stood straight and turned to face the older woman, giving Mrs. Kang her undivided attention.

"Something not working?" Jisoo asked.

She'd done a couple of adjustments on things for them since they'd moved in.

"Oh no," Mrs. Kang brushed that off. "I do believe you need to get your wife to the hospital."

That got Jisoo's attention. "Jennie's here?"

"Oh, now calm yourself Jisoo. She's in my dining room right now. She's in labor."

"What?" Jisoo had that panicked tone.

Mrs. Kang reached for Jisoo's arm and made eye contact. "Sweetie, she doesn't know it herself. You need to stay calm."

This threw Jisoo. "She's in labor and doesn't know it?" she asked. "Are you sure?"

"Oh I'm sure. She's been feeling like this since last night dear. I'd say you'd best get her to a hospital quickly."

Just before walking back to the complex with Mrs. Kang, Jisoo remembered she'd brought Jinwoo with her to the site and he was in the trailer taking a nap.

Jennie had gone to bed early last night saying she didn't feel well. Jisoo brought Jinwoo with her so Jennie could have one less thing to worry on. Now what was she supposed to do with Jinwoo?

Changmin and a few others standing by had heard Mrs. Kang.

"Architect Kim, we can take Jinwoo back to the office for you. I'll call Lia and have her get the sitter on site as quickly as possible."

"No!" Jisoo exclaimed. "Wait. My folks are here. Can one of you get him to the house?"

"No problem," Changmin answered, chuckling at Jisoo's building anxiety before turning to one of his crew. "Bobby! Got an errand for you to run."