Chapter Fifty-Six: The Twin Knows

The doorbell rang just as Jennie was putting her coat on to go home. Jisoo was coming down the stairs after settling Jinwoo in just as Jennie opened the door.

"Unnie!" Jennie was surprised to see her sister-in-law, correction former sister-in-law.

Joohyun gave Jennie a confused look. "Isn't it a little late to be going somewhere?" she asked.

Jennie looked back at Jisoo as she stepped up behind her.

Joohyun looked at her twin sister and gave Jisoo that older-sister-look. "Sooya, what's going on?"

Jisoo turned, combing her hand through her long hair. So much for a nice evening.

"I'm going home, Unnie," Jennie answered.

"What are you talking about?" Joohyun looked from one to the other.

"No," Joohyun finally realized. "You guys are..."

"Not together," Jisoo answered.

And that's when Joohyun's temper kicked in. She hastily walked over to Jisoo and slapped her back head.

"Yah! Kim Jisoo!" Joohyun yelled at her sister. "Do Mom and Daddy?"

"No," Jisoo's tone flat.

"And, Christmas?" Joohyun glared at her sister as she put puzzle pieces together. "How could you?" she angrily asked her.

"Jisoo, I'm gonna let you deal with this." Jennie turned to leave.

"You're letting her go?" Joohyun shouted.

"Unnie, for heaven's sake, Jinwoo's upstairs asleep," Jisoo hissed back. "Jennie doesn't live here."

Joohyun threw her hands in the air.

"I'm sorry, Unnie," Jennie softly called to her former sister-in-law. "Jisoo didn't want to ruin the holidays for your parents. I shouldn't have agreed."

Jennie quietly left. She genuinely liked Joohyun. For not wanting to hurt Jisoo's family, it appeared Jisoo was doing just that. And she'd been a part of it.

**********

Jennie sat on her sofa, feeling so alone. No Jinwoo to hold close. No Jisoo to hold her close. And what was she thinking that for anyway?

She held the ice cream container and spoon. Half the contents had already been eaten. Even chocolate wasn't helping.

Now that she was back to having her cycles, she was dealing with fluctuating hormones, mood swings and definite cravings for chocolate.

She rests her head back on the sofa. It was time for all of this to stop.

Jisoo was right, the office didn't know about their separation. Now her family had been deceived.

Why couldn't anyone see through their act? How could everyone believe they were together? And happy?

Jennie thought of Taeyeon. Jisoo's mom was going to be mighty upset. They were all going to hate her now. And, she really liked them.

Even though she couldn't remember them, she felt so welcome just weeks ago. Maybe they should have taken the bull by the horns and told them then.

Yet, how much did they explain? Affairs, no affairs. Jisoo said, she said. Shit this was such a mess.

A soft knock at her door brought Jennie from her dreary thoughts.

She saw through the peep it was her former sister-in-law. Great, time for her to feel the wrath.