Chapter Sixty-Two: The Sick Son 🔞

After a morning of going over and over and over her story, Jennie's head felt like a lead when she arrived back at her office.

Kim Taehyung had left her a voicemail wanting to speak with her on the incident as well. She smoothed everything over with him and the senators.

Once the inspectors had determined there was nothing wrong with the equipment and the probable cause was too big of a load being lifted, Jimin was fired and now it was a matter of getting the site cleaned up and up and running.

Jennie sat back in her chair and rested her eyes. She couldn't believe how angry Jisoo had been when she and Hanbin spoke with Jimin.

She'd thought for the amount of times Jisoo held her hair back, she'd have pulled most of it out. And that would be a shame.

Jisoo's hair was meant for sifting fingers through.

Okay Jennie, you are seriously going off the deep end.

When Jisoo returned to the office, Jennie was just getting ready to leave for the day.

"Hey," Jennie softly called from the adjoining door.

"Hey," Jisoo greeted back, not bothering to keep the exhaustion out of her voice.

"Jisoo, you look beat. I can take Jinwoo home with me tonight."

It was Jisoo's last night with her son before Jennie's days began. She hated not seeing her son daily. Hell, she hated not tucking Jennie into bed every night.

"You can come home with me," Jisoo offered.

Jennie smiled and shook her head. "Nice try tough girl."

Soon Jennie. Soon.

"Thanks," Jisoo finally said. "I think I can handle the little guy tonight."

"Okay, I'm gonna head home."

"Good night Jen."

"Good night Jisoo."

Once Jennie was out of sight, though not out of earshot, Jisoo was on her phone.

"Hey Sooyoung, it's Jisoo."

A pause.

"You still stopping by tonight?"

Another pause.

"Great. Jinwoo goes to bed at seven. I'll see you at seven-thirty."

A smile crossed Jisoo's pretty face as she finally heard the office front door close.

The next couple of days, Jennie noticed Jisoo smiling. A lot. Sooyoung was that tall girl she'd seen leaving Jisoo's office a while ago.

That was not jealousy Jennie felt. Jisoo has a right to a life. Yeah, like continuously telling herself that was helping.

It was better to concentrate on what needed to be done on the finished units. Yeji was really catching on and learning quickly. Bobby was also less stressed with helping out. Jisoo pretty much left her to her work.

Jisoo was on the site daily, but that was due to the accident. She had the site cleaned up and running smoothly again in record time.

Jennie felt a tinge of pride in how Jisoo developed the Ark over the years.

Okay, so Jisoo wasn't getting the reaction out of Jennie she thought she would with her call to Sooyoung. She was well on her way with her next step. She had to give Sooyoung credit.

Jennie remained professional on the job. Jisoo caught herself watching her as she guided Bobby with the physical needs and her apprentice listened to her every word.