Chapter Eleven: The Son

Five days of living under the same roof. Four nights of not getting any sleep. Five days of seeing a softer, gentler Jennie. Four nights of Jisoo's body betraying her.

Jisoo didn't know if it was a good idea or not, but after making sure Jennie was still sound asleep after the nightmare she had the night before, she slipped out of the house and made her way to the office.

"Okay, Baby," Chahee said as she walked into the house. "Let's find your jacket and go to the park."

Chahee walked to the sliding closet doors within the laundry room.

"Hey Jisoo," Chahee said through the phone she balanced on her shoulder as she slid hangers to find Jinwoo's jacket. "You do know it isn't safe to leave your front door unlocked right?"

"I don't use the front door, Chahee, but I'll take that under advisement."

"Okay, well I just wanted to let you know."

Jisoo had turned her pickup truck onto her street. Panic flowed through her as she saw Chahee's tan car parked in the drive.

"Chahee, where are you?"

Chahee laughed, snagging a jacket from a hanger. "In the laundry room," she answered. "Say, you'd better hope this jacket fits your kid."

Jisoo barely shifted the truck in park and stopped the engine when her sneaker hit the ground, running for the front door.

Breathlessly, Jisoo called to her, "Chahee, where's Jinwoo?"

"He's-" Chahee dropped the phone and it crashed to the floor.

Coming in the French doors, Jennie hadn't seen her yet. Chahee took her first step toward Jinwoo as Jisoo burst into the house.

"Mommy!" Jinwoo screamed, his little legs racing toward the deck.

Jennie's head shot up. Her heart caught at the sight of a small child running towards her. Jinwoo's arms held out to her.

Jennie felt her world was moving in slow motion. Her eyes met with Jisoo's, fear in their depths. A woman stood just before Jisoo.

"Mommy!" Jinwoo screamed again, now close enough to jump at her.

Reflexes were all Jennie had. She quickly squat down and caught the boy as he flew into her arms. The force of Jinwoo's landing caused her to fall back and land on her bottom.

Jinwoo's little legs wrapped around her waist as his arms hugged her neck tightly. The scent of his baby shampoo filled her senses.

"Jinwoo," Jennie sighed, holding him close.

Tears Jennie didn't even consider holding back flowed like lava down her cheeks. Jinwoo burrowed his head into the hollow of her Mommy's neck as she reached up with her good hand and stroked the softness of his downy hair.

Jisoo cautiously approached and squat down before the sobbing mess she had on her dining room floor. Her hands gently reached Jinwoo's sides to pull him free.

"No!" Jinwoo screamed. He wiggled violently against her Momma.

Jennie's teary eyes opened and looked into Jisoo.

"It's okay," she cried, her hold on the boy just as strongly holding him to her.

Chahee now approached Jisoo and placed her hand on Jisoo's shoulder.

"I'm sorry, Jisoo, I didn't know she was here."

Jisoo didn't know how she'd react seeing Jennie and their son reunited. The scene before her was euphoric and painful at the same time. She held back the tears forming behind her own eyes and stood.