Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Black Hole

A/N: That clue is so important in upcoming chapters btw. Also I don't know how many chapters I can make since the chapters are too long (orig story) and I divide them in to two or more. Maybe sixty chapters not really sure. Anyway thank you for your comments and votes. This is my last update for today (maybe) keke I'll try to update again later

•••

A half hour later, Doctor Park was at Jennie side as she lies on the sofa.

"You're exhausted, Miss Jennie," Doctor Park told Jennie as Jisoo prepared Jinwoo to spend the day with Chahee.

Jisoo entered the room and watched the exchange, remaining silent after Chahee left.

"I'll sleep in a few days," Jennie told him.

Doctor Park knelt down to be more on Jennie level. "Miss Jennie, you're clinically exhausted. You need sleep now. Not in a few days."

Doctor Park handed Jennie a pill and a glass of water.

"For your headache," Doctor Park told her.

"I want the procedure again, Doctor Park," Jennie said after taking the medication and sitting back against the sofa.

"Miss Jennie, we've discussed this. And, you are definitely not in any condition for it now."

A few moments passed. Jennie's head began to spin. She blinked rapidly to clear the fog as she looked at him.

"What's wrong with me?" Jennie asked, her hand raising to rub at her forehead.

"You need sleep. The sleeping pill you just took will see to that."

Jennie angrily looked at him. Well, as angrily as an overtired person who'd just taken a sleeping pill could look.

"No."

"Miss Jennie, you're trying to force things. Your headache is a warning. Get some rest and then we can talk more."

Doctor Park stood and looked at Jisoo. "Take her upstairs and let her sleep."

**********

"I'm not going to sleep. I have things I need to do," Jennie called to them.

"They can wait," Doctor Park told her.

Jennie stood and felt uneasy.

"You're stubborn. I'll give you that," Doctor Park said to her.

By the time Jisoo and Jennie entered the master bedroom, Jennie's head was spinning.

Jennie looked into Jisoo's eyes as they stood face-to-face.

"Jisoo, please don't do this," Jennie implored Jisoo. Her head fell back at the feel of Jisoo's hand on her cheek.

"I don't think you have a choice."

"Just talk to me. Keep me awake," Jennie's breath shuddered. "Please I can't," she begged.

"Jennie, Doctor Park said you need to rest."

Jennie's hands went to Jisoo's shoulders, holding on tightly. "Please Jisoo. I can't go back."

As Jisoo took small steps forward toward the bed, Jennie step back. Jisoo could see the distress Jennie was going through.

"Go back where?" Jisoo asked.

"That black hole. Please Jisoo! I'm scared!"

Jisoo closed her eyes. The black hole. The coma.

She pulled the blankets down and Jennie gave no resistance when her knees hit the mattress.

As Jennie lies back, Jisoo unbuttoned Jennie's jeans and slid them from her legs.

Jisoo saw the fight still in Jennie, a losing battle, as she covered Jennie up and sat beside her on the bed.

Jisoo wanted to take care of Jennie. Wanted to believe things she hadn't seen.

Even when Jennie was angry with her, Jennie trusted her. Simply by confiding in her now that Jennie was scared was something Jennie hadn't done before the accident.

Jisoo simply sat there with Jennie, watching Jennie's resistance fade, until she'd finally succumbed and fell asleep.

The darkness pulled at Jennie.

"No," Jennie croaked out.

Jennie's last visit to this black void had her returning to a life she couldn't remember. Fear ran through her.

What would she wake up to this time? Last time, it had been to one of Jisoo's soft kisses.

Her memory loss took enough of her control away. Now, Doctor Park could be added to the people who were taking control away.

Jisoo brushed the backs of her fingers along Jennie's cheek as she finally fell asleep.

Jennie's head relaxing and turning slightly on the pillow. Knowing there was nothing more Jisoo could do she stood and left the room, closing the door behind her.

"Is she settled?" Doctor Park asked when Jisoo returned to the main floor.

"Yes," Jisoo answered. "But she's not happy about this. It's reminding her of the coma."

"Her body needs rest. She'll probably sleep through today and wake tomorrow."

"That isn't going to make a difference to her."

"Perhaps getting sleep will give her a new perspective," Doctor Park said as he put his coat on and made his way to the front door.

"I want her eating when she wakes," Doctor Park told Jisoo as he was about to leave. "From the looks of her, I'd say eating and sleeping haven't been on the top of her agenda."

**********

Jisoo checked on Jennie every hour. Each time, Jennie never moved. She looked so peaceful in sleep.

Standing beside the bed, looking down at her, Jisoo tried figuring out this mess. What was truth and reality? Who was this woman?

Her arms ached to hold Jennie. Her heart wanted to envelop Jennie within it. Could she? How did she get through to Jennie?

Christmas was a week away. Some joyous time of year. Jisoo's family, Jisoo's life, on the verge of shattering apart. Again.

Jisoo stood contemplating if this was the right thing to do hours later. She still hadn't moved. The exhaustion overtook Jennie body. Jisoo was tired.

Did Jisoo chance not being able to wake up during the night if Jennie needed her?

As quietly as Jisoo could, she climbed into bed on the other side. Chahee was keeping Jinwoo overnight. At least she didn't have to worry about Jinwoo.

Jisoo's body tense as she lay beneath the covers, her hands behind her head. As tired as she was, her mind wouldn't shut down. What would happen when she finally woke?

Her tensed a short time later at the feel of Jennie moving. If Jennie woke now, she didn't feel the stamina to fight. She didn't want to fight. She wanted to... what?

As thoughts raced through her mind of her options, she felt Jennie move closer. She held her breath.

And then Jennie snuggled up, her head resting on Jisoo's chest. Her left leg draped over Jisoo's, her hand flat at Jisoo's heart.

Ever so cautiously, Jisoo's left arm came around Jennie.

"Jisoo," Jennie sighed in her sleep as she snuggled in and adjusted in the envelope of Jisoo.

Jisoo's throat tightened at the emotions running through her. This is where Jennie belonged. Could she convince Jennie of that in the light of day?