Chapter Thirteen: The Cast

Another week passed. Jisoo began heading into the office, leaving Jennie with their son alone for the mornings and returning for the afternoons. Gradually increasing more time away.

Jennie was getting more comfortable in the house. Still no memories. No recognition. Her bonding with Jinwoo appeared as though it had never wavered.

Jinwoo accepted his mommy unconditionally. Jisoo, on the other hand, still held apprehension. Waiting for Jennie to inform her of her slip-ups.

Jisoo stood frozen in the kitchen one afternoon as Jennie conversation with Jinwoo blasted her to the past.

Jennie took a juice box out of the fridge, handing it to Jinwoo as she balanced him on her hip.

"Here you go baby boy."

When did she remember calling him that?

"Not a baby," Jinwoo responded, just like always.

Please, not again.

"You're my baby boy," Jennie cooed, kissing his cheek.

Damn!

Jisoo held her breath as she turned to face Jennie. Anticipating the angry glare from her wife saying 'He's my baby boy, Jisoo.'

As Jisoo turned, she watched Jennie walk toward her, rubbing her nose at Jinwoo's cheek.

"I'll bet you're momma's baby boy, too," Jennie said.

"Not a baby!"

Jennie lifted her eyes to meet Jisoo's. No scorn. No anger. No hatred. Jisoo shook free from Jennie gaze before cupping Jinwoo's head in her hand.

"No, not a baby. Momma's big boy," Jisoo's voice catching before she kissed Jinwoo's temple.

"Big boy!" Jinwoo excitedly agreed, bouncing in his mommy's arms.

Jisoo looked at Jennie, waiting for it. The angry glare of 'How dare you?' But, it wasn't there.

Jennie quickly averted Jisoo's gaze, kissing Jinwoo's other temple.

"No, not a baby," Jennie conceded. "Big boy."

Jinwoo bounced more, with the cast still on Jennie's wrist, she needed both hands to contain him.

"Kiss Mommy!"

They both snapped their attention to Jinwoo. He was looking right at Jisoo.

"Kiss Mommy!" Jinwoo repeated.

Realization of what Jinwoo was asking, no demanding hit them. Their gazes locked. Jisoo's eyes growing golden, causing Jennie's breath to catch.

With both Jennie's hands needed to hold Jinwoo, unless she stepped back, she was close enough to do just as Jinwoo had ordered.

Cautiously, Jisoo lifted her right arm, sliding her hand at the nape of Jennie's neck, sifting her fingers into Jennie's hair as she slowly leaned in.

Jennie's heart raced. She's going to kiss me! Oh, she had wanted this. Everything in slow motion, Jisoo's lips getting closer. Her eyes turned almost black just before closing as Jisoo's lips touched hers. Jisoo's hand holding her still. Holding her to Jisoo.

The kiss was amazingly brief but thoroughly. Jisoo's lips giving a hint of what she could do if allowed to kiss longer. Setting off a tidal wave of need in Jennie's belly of a promise of what was.

Jisoo's wide smile before she turned away was devilishly sinful. Almost like she knew the fire she'd started and leaving Jennie to burn. One kiss and Jennie's toes almost ripped into the linoleum beneath Jennie's bare feet.