Chapter Thirty-Four: The Beginning

Jisoo's words repeated over and over in Jennie's mind as she read through her journals. Try as she might, she couldn't feel the emotions she'd written in those diaries.

Two years. It was like reading someone else's entries.

The Jisoo in her journals wasn't the woman she'd been with the past couple months since the accident.

Jennie rest her head back on the headboard in the hotel bed, letting a breath go. How on Earth did I not want Jisoo's touch?

Could she seriously be that strong to prevent responding to Jisoo? How was it possible? All Jisoo had to do was look at her and Jennie wanted her.

She re-read one entry over and over. From the beginning of when Jisoo said they started having problems.

'Jisoo can't be serious in what she said earlier. What is she talking about 'she doesn't like the way Lalisa looks at me?' It's Lalisa! Her best friend. Her partner. It was Christmas party! Of course I was laughing at Lalisa's jokes. Everyone was. Why is Jisoo acting this way? All she said was she thought I look nice. Jisoo is making such a big deal out of this. And why does she think I'm encouraging it?'

It's the same thing Lalisa did when the senators were in their home. Told her she looked nice.

But, what was up with the remember us bit? Was there something to remember?

More entries. Jisoo increasing her time at work. More fighting.

'I feel so alone. Jisoo is always at work. Thank God for my precious Jinwoo. I don't know what I'd do without him. He needs me. Why doesn't Jisoo?'

Jennie closed the journal. It felt like when she lived at home all over again.

Her daddy always working. Her mom physically there, but not really. Her dreams of escaping that loneliness the only thing she had. Had she simply started that life all over again with Jisoo?

Jennie powered up her laptop. Before her, the other part of her life she couldn't remember.

Her business. A flourishing one at that. She'd taken her love of decorating and what she'd done for Jisoo's Ark when it first started, and grew it into something she couldn't imagine.

Jennie's web site filled with accolades from those she'd helped; from powerful governors and senators to newlywed couples.

She didn't need to give the senators wives her contact information. She already had done work for them in the past.

She searched through her website. One tab had a contact form. She opened and saw numerous ones from Yeri. Cautiously, she clicked the latest one; dated two days ago.

'I've been trying to connect with three weeks. Jisoo's Arkitects needs you for commitment to their latest project. I've again attached the proposal for your approval. We look forward to partnering with you again. I've also attached the contact information for the Senators offices.'

Jennie clicked on the attachment and her hand quickly went to cover her mouth. "Three million dollars?"

She couldn't believe it. She remembered the quote Jisoo had given the senators. She had no idea her part of this would be so lucrative.

Jennie clicked on her saved contracts. For the past two and a half years, she was the designer for Jisoo's projects. How could that be?

Jisoo obviously didn't know it was her. The contracts for her portion are completely separate from Jisoo.

She went back to Yeri's message after reviewing how she dealt with Jisoo's Ark in the past. Her contracts were always separate. Yet, this one was a partnership.