Chapter Nineteen: The Trophy

Paul's visit lasted a couple more days. All the siblings would get together again for Thanksgiving.

Jennie entered the kitchen after settling Jinwoo down for his nap. Jisoo was rummaging through the refrigerator while talking on the phone.

"Are you sure it's not on your desk?" Jisoo asked into the phone.

Jisoo turned and saw Jennie standing there. She shot Jennie a smile before turning away to continue making her lunch while talking on the phone.

Jisoo was dressed just like every other day. Pants, blazer. Her shoes were off, so she padded around in socked feet. So why is it, Jennie felt a tug inside every time she looked at Jisoo? And why did she feel a jolt of excitement when Jisoo turned that smile on her? Always the perfect gentlewoman.

Didn't push Jennie to resume marital relations. Maybe that was it. Her hormones were all out of whack due to this dry spell.

Jennie watched her wife move fluidly around the kitchen. Jisoo was making a sandwich for heaven's sake and she wished Jisoo's long hands were on her instead of bread and cold meat!

"Yeri," Jisoo cajolingly called into the phone. "You need to calm down."

When Jisoo looked at Jennie, she rolled her eyes. A playful gesture telling Jennie she felt Yeri was over reacting.

"Jisoo!" Yeri called out to Jisoo. "If you have the wrong contract, it'll be a huge error. One that is entirely my fault!"

"Okay. I'll look to see if I grabbed it. Let me find my briefcase," Jisoo told Yeri then turned to Jennie after putting the phone to her shoulder. "Jen, can you look to see if I put my briefcase in the den? Yeri's looking for a contract."

As Jennie turned and made her way to the den, Jisoo began her way upstairs to look in the spare bedroom.

"We'll find it, Yeri. Stop worrying."

"Jisoo, if Lalisa finds out I screwed up like this..."

"What Yeri? She can't fire you. She's married to you."

"I'm sorry, Jisoo. I've been distracted lately."

"What from?" Jisoo asked, sitting on the side of the bed.

"I don't know. Lalisa has just been acting different lately."

"Just don't worry about the contract. If I have it, I'll bring it in tomorrow. No harm done."

"Thanks Jisoo."

"Well, it's not up here. Jennie's checking the den."

"Jennie's looking for your briefcase?" Yeri asked panicky.

"Unless I forgot it in my office, it's either there or up here."

"Jisoo, you know Jennie. She's curious. Did you tell her you're looking for a contract?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Oh God Jisoo! What if she finds the divorce papers in your case?"

That had Jisoo bolting for the door.

**********

Jennie entered the den and looked around the desk on the floor. No briefcase that she could see. It seemed odd for her to be included in something for Jisoo's office. Almost felt - forbidden? Why would she have that feeling? It also felt nice to feel normal. Need in a way.

Since Jennie didn't have memories, she felt disconnected in so many ways. And, she wanted desperately to feel connected to Jisoo.

Jennie plopped down in Jisoo's chair behind the desk. Jisoo gives you a silly little task and you act like she's asking you to solve the world's problems. Get a grip Jennie.