Chapter Thirty-One: The Blocking

A/N: Since I feel a little bit better today I tried to update. I hope you guys enjoy but I have question, do you guys think that Jennie's memory is coming back? I'll answer your comments this time. Give you some clue keke Comment as much as you want 💜

•••

Jennie arrived at the hospital walking to Doctor Park's office with heavy steps. She opened the door after knocking thrice.

"Doctor Park, you need to help me," Jennie told him.

Doctor Park stood and walked toward her. "Miss Jennie are you alright?"

"No! I'm not alright!"

"Tell me what happened."

Jennie sat and relayed the events of the dinner party and the revelation of filing for divorce.

"I'm tired of this sit and wait attitude. I want my memory back!"

"I can't give it to you, Miss Jennie," Doctor Park said in a calm voice.

"Yes, you can. I want to try regressive therapy. I've researched it on the Internet."

Doctor Park stepped back. "I wouldn't recommend it."

"I don't care what you recommend!" Jennie shouted. "I need to know why I was divorcing my wife. If I was having an affair with her partner. You owe me that much!"

Doctor Park looked at her completely confused.

"You told all of them to keep the divorce from me," Jennie told him.

"Miss Jennie, we needed to go by what you thought was real."

"Real?! How was I supposed to even know what was remotely real?" Jennie demanded. "I need to know what happened with eight years of my life!"

Doctor Park paused silently a moment. "Miss Jennie, do you remember when you went to see the car from the accident?"

"Yes," Jennie answered more calmly.

"You experienced some recollection, but when you regained consciousness, you didn't remember it."

"Are you saying I remembered the accident?"

"Yes," Doctor Park told her.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Miss Jennie, I told you in the beginning, the brain is a mystery. We don't know why this chunk of your life is missing. Only you do. But, your mind isn't allowing it to happen."

"So, knowing my marriage was falling apart and I was sleeping with my wife's best friend isn't enough to bring the memories back?"

"Obviously not. Your mind is protecting you for some reason."

"What could be worse than this?" Jennie demanded.

"I don't know," Doctor Park confided.

"I need to know the truth. No one is being honest with me."

"Your family and Miss Jisoo were going by strict orders..."

"I've heard all that. But maybe if everyone would have just been up front with me, my memories would have returned by now."

Doctor Park sighed. Jennie wasn't going to give up this quest. Reluctantly, he agreed to give the therapy a try.

"Jennie, I want you to close your eyes," Doctor Park instructed once Jennie was seated and somewhat calm on the sofa. "Take deep breaths."

Jennie did as Doctor Park asked.

"Very good. Now, tell me what you're feeling."

"Confused."