thirteen- me before you

Anthony's room was pretty messy. The bed wasn't made, his clothes were scattered on the floor, there were books, papers and pens everywhere on his desk.

"Ahh. Sorry it's very messy." He said while picking up the clothes and chucking the clothes under his duvet covers. I formed a small smile, "No-no it's fine."

He smiled back and our eyes locked.

1...2...3...4...5

I can't.

I broke the eye contact and I looked around. I noticed that he had a big bookcase. He must've liked books.

There was even Me Before You. I pulled the book out "You li-like Me Before You?" I asked, surprised. I never thought he would like these kind of books.

"Ye-yeah. I remember, you were reading it in 7th grade..."

What? he remembers that?!

"So I decided to read it and to be honest it's a great book. even though it's in a girl's perspective. It's nice to know how girls feel when they like someone." Anthony said while touching his neck.

When they like someone...

"Y-yeah. It's a great book. I actually read it like 20 times." I blurted out. "It's my favourite book."

He chuckled, "Oh, that's great."

I nodded shyly.

"Wow! Anthony, are you are Lego fanatic?!" Joey asked while admiring Anthony's collection of the Lego displays.

"Well-Yeah! I love Lego. Ahaha."

"Cool! I love Star Wars!" Joey exclaimed while seeing the Darth Vader's Castle set.

"Joey... Don't touch it."

Joey rolled his eyes. I frowned.

"Do you have any other Star Wars sets?" Joey asked with puppy eyes.

Anthony chuckled, "You should totally see the Millennium Falcon one on the tv cabinet in the living room."

I paused. Joey's eyes grew big and started turning red.

"About that... I accidentally.... ummm... broke it... I'm really sorry!" Joey sniffed.

Anthony smiled and gave him a hug, "Hey, hey don't cry! It's fine!"

Aw... he's so nice...

"Where are the pieces?" Anthony asked.

"Oh-um it's on the tv cabinet in a plastic box..." I replied.

"Okay, thanks." He headed out to the living room, I faced Joey and whispered.

"Joey, You're lucky that he's not mad at you."

Joey smirked, "You just wanna look good in front of him because you like him!" Joey replied.

Luckily he didn't shout because I wouldn't of just jumped out of the window if Anthony heard him.

"N-No! I-I don't li-like him Joey! Just shush!" I whispered shouted. He raised an eyebrow,

"Whatever."

Moments later, Anthony came back with the box and kneeled down in front of Joey.

"Here, do you want to build this again?" He asked politely.

Joey became shy and nodded, "Y-Yeah... Thanks!"

"No problem." Anthony went towards his wardrobe and pulled out a sheet of paper which looked like the instruction manual.

"Here, you might need this." he chuckled.

"Thanks Anthony." Joey beamed.

I smiled.

"So Midtown, you like it there?" He asked while sitting on his bed.

I looked at him,"Ye-yeah, it's cool."

"Any fun groups?"

"Well-uh, I joined this academic team and we're going to Washington for nationals in February.."

"Wow! That's really great. I-um remember you being really smart. " then he rolled his eyes and chuckled. "And always beating me with everything, having the highest mark out of the class."

I chuckled, "Yeah, But you were re-really smart too."

"Thanks." He smiled, "It's a pretty cool coincidence that we met tonight."

"Yeah it is." My heart was pounding.

"You know once I move to Midtown, we should totally—"

His phone rang and he smiled when he saw who it was.

"Hold on sorry, I just need to take this call."

"Sure. Take your time." I replied, relief that there was a distraction.

"Hey Addie. What's up?" Anthony asked.

"Hey Ant, what are you doing?"

"Oh I have visitors around right now for dinner."

"Really?... Who?!"

Anthony chuckled and looked at me, I smiled. "Someone that I didn't know I would meet today..."

"Oh really? Wh-Who is that my Ant"

"You don't know her—"

"It's a girl?!" I couldn't really hear her voice since it was indistinctive but she sounded demanding.

"Yeah, she's just a friend though."

"It better be... Alright goodnight, I just wanted to hear your voice..."

"Oh okay... Bye Addison."

"Bye, miss you."

"Bye, have a goodnight."

"You don't miss me?!"

"Of course I do! Miss you Addie."

"Byeeee."

"Bye." and he hung up.

"Sorry about that."

"O-h its okay." I chuckled.

Who is Addison?