twenty four- conflicts

The next day...

"So how's your chemistry project going?" Liz asked during lunch time.

"Oh it's going pretty good." I replied with unwrapping my sandwich.

"My team is a disaster." Betty groaned.

In fact, she did look a bit tired.

"Why? Is everything alright Betty?" I asked worriedly.

"Well, if I'm being honest. No." Betty sighed and rolled her eyes. "It's the boys. All the talk about is Star Wars or whatever and never do any of the work."

Then Betty looked straight at me, "Now be honest Y/N, Peter is seriously no help what so ever right?"

"Uh well... Surprising, he's actually doing fine, Betty. But I've only met up with him once so I don't really know... I'm actually meeting him again tonight."

"Hmm. Okay. Ugh, I thought you said Anthony was smart Y/N."

"Y-yeah he is."

"Well he's no help whatsoever." Betty laughed.

"Maybe he changed." Liz added.

"Yeah maybe.."

"Anyway, guys. I have something to tell you." Liz beckoned to lean over. "Soooo. Since I'm in the student council, we've started talking about homecoming for this year. But we're planning to do it at the end of the year after everyone has finished their finals so they can relax and actually enjoy homecoming so technically it's prom but homecoming." Liz whispered. "But guys you can't tell anyone about homecoming yet as it is not fully confirmed yet."

"Omg! Ahhh! I'm so excited!!" Betty said while shaking me by the shoulders.

"Shhh Betty!" Liz giggled.

"I guess it will be exciting. I've actually never been to a school homecoming/prom before." I admitted.

Liz and Betty looked at me in shock. "Wait, so you haven't been to a middle school dance party or like elementary school one?" Betty paused.

"Awww. First timerrrr. Cute." she said while batting her eyes.

I pushed her forehead, and Betty mouthed 'Ow'

"Stop that. Well obviously, I was homeschooled and I always moved around so I never had the chance except for this one very mediocre elementary school dance."

Liz nodded in agreement. "Well Y/N, you're going to have a blast." she said while smiling.

"Hopefully."

                        ~~~

"So class, how's your Chemistry project going?" Mr Cobbwell asked.

"Mr, it's going great!" Flash replied with a huge thumbs up.

"That's because you're not really doing anything Flash, you're leaving all the hard work for me to handle." Abe complained.

"No I am not." Flash glared at Abe.

"Yes." Abe snapped back.

Abe is using the kind of kid who doesn't really talk back but I guess he is pretty stressed out and tired about this assignment.

"Alright boys, settle down. Flash, I'm sure there's something you can help Abe with. Perhaps gather all the information you've learnt for the past months and give them to Abe to summarize. That's the least you can do, buddy." Mr Cobbwell explained carefully.

"But I am helping Abe." Flash turned to his right and tapped his back. "Dude! I even invited you to my house to work on it together."

"Yeah! But expect for the whole time you were on your Xbox playing games."