thirty one- in all honesty

After School

"Let's move to the next question. What is the heaviest naturally-occurring element?" Liz asked us while we were on the stage with desks enacting like it's the actual day.

"Hydrogen's the lightest. That's not the question. Okay. Yeah." Charles answered.

Abe ranged his bell "Uranium."

"That is correct. Thank you, Abraham." Liz replied.

Abe did a fist pump and quietly yelled, "Yes."

"Please open your books to page ten." Liz instructed.

"Between 1885 and 1960, Congo was under the control of what European country?"

I rang my bell, "Is it Belgium"

"Correct Y/N, thank you."

Ned who sat next to me gave me a high five.

Mr Harrington's voice ranged out, "Peter, it's nationals. Is there no way you could take one weekend off?"

"I-I can't go to Washington because if Mr. Stark needs me, then I have to make sure that I'm here." Peter replied.

"You've never even been in the same room as Tony Stark." Flash scoffed as he was reading a book with his feet propped up in a chair

"Wait, what's happening?" Cindy asked.

"Peter's not going to Washington." Sally informed, reading a book on the floor

"No. No, no, no, no, no. No. No." Cindy protested.

Abe rang the bell "Why not?"

Liz turned to Peter, "Really? Right before nationals?"

"He already quit marching band and robotics lab." We all looked at MJ with suspicious looks,

"I'm not obsessed with him. Just very observant." she quickly added.

"Well, Flash, you're in for Peter." Liz commented.

"Ooh, I don't know. I gotta check my calendar first. I got a hot date with Black Widow coming up." Flash mocked, raising his eyebrow.

Abe rang his bell again, "That is false."

Mr. Harrington warned, "What did I tell you about using the bell for comedic purposes?

"Sorry." Abe replied.

"Alright, let's continue..."

                        ~~~

I've just had dinner and now just sitting out on my fire escape, hoping that perhaps Spiderman could come around but also admiring the view.

I pulled out my phone to take a photo of the view, *snap*.

I've decided to post it on Instagram.

"Hi."

"AHHH!" I screamed and dropped my phone.

crap.

Then I realised my phone was attached to a familiar spider web.

I sighed of relief, "You know you- shouldn't be creeping up on people like that."

He chuckled and handed my phone back, "Sorry."

"It's fine, thanks for having fast reflexes."

"I mean I'm Spiderman." He declared, pointing to his spider logo.

I smiled, "So are you like visiting me like every month or something because you came here like last month this time."

"Wow, you've counted that?" He smirked.

"N-no, it's uh- just the basics of knowledge." I stammered.

"Right, the 'basics'." He said, plotting himself next to me. He looked at me, "I can visit every week you know, if you want....It's just I thought you would be uncomfortable if a person you didn't know came visiting you very so often..."

I laughed, "I've told you literally my entire life story."

"Wow. I'm so honoured but that means you literally have a boring life." He joked.

"Rude!" I exclaimed.

He put his hand up in the air, "Well come on! Who would finish telling their life story in like 5 minutes?"

I chuckled, "Yeah you're right. Maybe I did tell you my entire life story, maybe not." I smirked.

"So about your life. What's ha-happening with your guy."

I rolled my eyes, "What guy?"

"The guy you told me about."

"Oh... Yeah, I've realised a long time ago, that I'm not right for Anthony."

"S-so he's Anthony..." he replied softly

"Yeah I mean— ugh! Why did I tell you his name..."

"Hey, it's n-not like I know him or anything." He stated.

"You're right and plus I don't like him anymore. I really like him as a friend. It's just I realised like maybe I'm not right for him. People like Addison is perfect for him."

"Wait Addison?"

"His ex." I explained.

"R-right."

"So anyone else, that's bugging you?" he wondered.

"No."

Flash's voice echoed "Do you like Peter, Y/N?"

"No I don't!" I grunted.

Spiderman startled, "What do you mean?"

I zapped out of it, "I-uh nothing...It's just.. uh... There's this guy and he's just... I-um. Never mind." I hesitated.

"Yeah, I totally understood that." He nodded.

"What you did?"

"Yeah, there's someone else other than Anthony..."

"No. There isn't. I don't..." I protested. "Sorry Mr Spiderman, I'm just-uh going to take a rest now..."

I said, walking towards my window. "I need to study for a trip I'll be taking next week to Washington and I need to text my lab partner, Peter."

He tensed when I mentioned the last sentence. I narrowed my eyes and went closer to him.

"Peter..."