twenty two- the masked hero

The Next Day

I just finished my Academic Decathlon practice and since we're going to nationals in February which is in like 2 months time.We need to practice every day starting from next week until 6:00 PM which isn't that bad.

"Mom, I'm home." I said as I chucked my shoes off and went towards my room.

"Y/N!! You're home!" Joey said as he ran towards me. I hugged him.

"Hey honey, how was your day?" She asked.

"It was good. By the way, I have practices for Academic Decathlon every day starting from next week until 6:00 PM."

"Alright. Are you sure it isn't tiring you?"

"No, it's fine. You know Peter, he comes to practices then leaves a little bit early for this internship he has for stark industries or something."

"Oh gosh. That must be really hard for him."

"Yeah. Probably is, but he says it's fine because it's something he likes to do."

"That's good. Does he live with both of his parents or does his parents have work?"

"Peter's parent's died a long time ago..."

My mom's face changed, "Aww, that's very heartbreaking. Who does he live with now?"

"His Aunt May."

"Oh okay. I hope he's alright...hmm May did you say?"

"Yeah his Aunt is called May."

"When I was in high school, my best friend was called May but I haven't seen her in a long time and had lost in touch with her."

I frowned, "Just cause her name is May doesn't mean she is the May you're after, Mom..."

She laughed, "Yes of course, I know that! I just miss her."

"You'll find her someday." I said while going into my room with my mom following behind.

"Speaking of Peter." I said as I was taking my heavy coat off. "He's coming over tomorrow to work on this Chemistry project we have together. Is that okay?"

"Sure, sure. I guess this is my opportunity to get to know him better" My mom said smiling. "Okay, well change into some comfy and get some rest. I will make dinner now and call you when it's ready."

"Thanks mom." I said and shut my bedroom door.

...

After dinner, I got ready to go to bed and I put on my pajamas and brushed my teeth and washed my face. After that I got my computer and jumped on my bed to do some research about other facts about acids and bases before I go to sleep.

I guess I was pretty on to it for about an hour or so but I got interrupted by this loud thud outside my balcony.

I froze. I look at the time and it read 9:47 PM. This is probably the time where most robbers come and try to steal. Well I'm sorry buddy but you ain't stealing something from our house.

I went to my closet and got out a toy baseball bat that my dad brought for Joey to have him into baseball which didn't work. I held it tightly and approached my window slowly.

As I was getting closer, I heard a faint noise that gradually become louder once I reached the window. The sky was dark but since I had my room lights on, I could see but not clearly.

I opened my window without making any noises and I saw this figure wimping "ow. ow. ow."

Good, he's hurt.

I got the bat and place it on his neck and said "Sir, I can't really see you but I know you're there and what ever you're thinking of doing to our house. Forget it. I know you're hurt and you're not going anywhere but going to the police for attempt robbery." I blabbered.

"Wait- ow. I th-think you got the wrong idea. I-I wasn't tr-trying to break into your house."

I scoffed. Whatever.

I didn't believe him. I could win if we had a fight. He's hurt, I'm not. Plus I have a baseball bat to wack him. Expect the bat is a toy bat which will probably break easily... But I still got to act strong.

I still couldn't see what he looked like. But I knew it was a male considering the tone of the voice. I went backwards and opened my curtains so the light from my room can shine onto the balcony.

I could now see clearly and I saw that the person was wearing a blue and red suit with a spider symbol on his chest. I gasped, it was Spider-Man.