forty- promise me

Peter's POV

"I need to tell you something." I said, looking at her in the eye.

I held her hand firmly which made her a bit shocked, "You must promise me this."

"A-alright.."

"If anyone asks, 'Do you know Spiderman'... Say no."

"W-why?"

"Because, I've been caught in a trap with these bad guys and they will literally do anything to try and find who I am so if they find out you are close with me. You could be in danger..." I warned.

Her face changed, "B-but... A-are you safe?" she trembled.

I can't believe she always puts others before herself...

"Yes for now but this is all I could do. I can't make you in danger because of me. So please promise me, you will tell them you don't know Spiderman."

She nodded slowly, "I promise Mr Spiderman."

I let go of her hand, "So if I tell you who I really am. This could make you in grave danger. I-I hope you understand..."

"Y-yes of course I do. But you will keep your promise though."

"Which is?" I asked, curiously. I forgot what I promised her.

"That if I tell Peter how I really feel... You will take off your mask..." She mumbled.

Oh. That.

I smiled, "Y-yeah promise."

"C-cool but it won't be soon.." she answered,showing her shyness.

"Alright, take your time..."

~~~

Y/N's POV

April 2017, 2 weeks before homecoming

"Alright, revision time class. The exams are next week and I hope you all are prepared for this exam as it is a very important Chemistry exam." Mr Cobbwell informed us.

"So the school decided that during our usual Chemistry times until next week you and your lab partner can use the period wisely and be study partners and help each other to prepare for the exam."

The class nodded. "So now I'll be handing out the an information that you'll need to study for and if you all study what's on the sheet, I will guarantee you that you will get at least a B."

"Thank you." I said as he handed the sheet to me. I gave one to Peter, "Thanks."

"So now, you can use your time wisely and go to the library or use the outside tables so whatever you want to study for your exam. You can leave now." The class started getting up and packing their bags away to move to other places.

"Hey Betty where are you, Ned and Anthony going to go?" I asked, pulling the straps to my backpack tighter.

"Oh probably the library. They have a lot of resources."

"Alright cool." I replied, I turned to Peter who was still packing up the rest of his books. "You just want to go to the library too?"

"Yeah sure, why not." he replied, while putting on his backpack.

The 5 of us went over to the library and sat down at the non fiction corner tables.

"I'm just going to find some books so I can rely on them as well as my notes." I told Peter, standing up.

"Okay sure." He said, putting on his earphones.

I went over to the Science section of the library. Since our school specialises in science and technology the selection of books and information is greater than some schools in the city.

I ran my fingers on the spiral of the books, trying to find the right one but ended up taking all of them.

"Facts on Acids and Bases... The PH Scale... Get started on Chemistry—"

"This book is very good. You should read it." I look to my right and saw Anthony there, holding out a book.

I took it and read the title, "Tips on acing a Chemistry Test."

I looked up and smiled, "Thanks, I'll have a read." he nodded. "Uh- Y/N?"

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go to the uh- new cafe that opened recently down the road on Saturday... You know as friends."

I felt bad, "I'm really sorry but I-uh was planning to study this weekend so I don't think I-um can... I'm sorry." I replied.

He nodded, "No uh-that's cool. You know I-uh get it..." he chuckled, "Maybe next time?"

"Yeah, sure." I replied and grabbed the other books on the shelf. "I'm going to go back."

"Right, me too." he replied and we went back to where we were sitting.

I took a seat, opposite of where Peter was sitting. He looked up and took his left earphone out.

"Did you find any useful books?"

I smiled, "Yeah. And Anthony recommended me this one." I said holding up the book.

"Can I take a look?" he asked.

"Yep." I passed the book over to him and he started flipping through the pages.

I took a look at the other books and my class notes to create study notes for me. I pulled out my highlighters and pens to make it neat and pretty.

"Wow. You write really neat." Peter said, looking at my notes at the end of the period.

"Thanks. But I'm not sure if it is well summarised." I chuckled, putting the notes away in my notebook.

"It probably is..."

I grinned.

"Hey Peter, are you coming over tonight to build my new LEGO deathstar?" Ned asked.

Peter looked a bit flustered, "Y-yeah yeah of course."

"How many pieces Ned?" I asked him. Ned smiled at me, "Three thousand eight hundred and three."

"That's insane." Anthony added, "Can I come over?"

Ned and Peter looked at each other, "Er- yeah sure...But after I have to do my Stark Internship..."

"I was only joking." Anthony chuckled. "It's quite boring if there are 3 people huddling over a LEGO set. You two can just build it but I wanna see the final display."

"Al-alright."