forty two- it was a lie

𝙰/𝙽: 𝚒'𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚍𝚍𝚎𝚍 '𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚊 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐' 𝚋𝚢 𝚍𝚎𝚖𝚒 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚘 + 𝚓𝚘𝚎 𝚓𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚜 ; 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚜𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐:)

~beautiful liz for you readers~

Y/N's POV

I faced him and asked,"Do you think I should ask him to go with me to homecoming?"

"Y-yeah sure, uh- why not. But shouldn't you wait for him to ask you." Spiderman suggested.

"Yeah I guess so. Peter and I became much closer now, thanks to your advice. But... I don't know if Peter's wants to ask me..."

"R-right...But uh- Why do you think that?" He asked.

I looked at him, "O-okay because homecoming is this Friday and if he wanted to ask me, shouldn't he have asked me already?" I questioned.

"Maybe...Stop being so ne-negative Y/N. He's probably taking his-uh time."

"Yeah, you're right..." I replied, maybe I am being too negative. I should probably stop thinking about it. I could just go with my friends.

                        ...

"I'm just going to use the bathroom Betty. I'll catch up with you." I said to Betty before our next class, English.

"Okay, I'll see you at Bio." she replied. The bell rang so I I quickly scurried over to the nearest bathroom I could think of. It was the ones next to the cafeteria. It was strange to see a big area this empty, usually it would be filled with chatter and noises.

The hallways were empty as students were probably already in class but I'm sure Miss Johnson won't mind, I pushed the creaky bathroom door when I heard a voice call from the hallway.

"No, I, I just mean that... it was not cool, especially ...because... I like you." the voice sighed.

I went over quietly and hid behind the wall and peeked over, my heart dropped when I saw who it was. Peter and Liz.

"I know." Liz replied.

Peter looked at Liz in shock, "Y-you do?"

"You're very easy to read. But I-uh like you too Peter."

I turned back and pressed my back against the wall, trying not to form tears.

"I guess you already have a date to homecoming?" Peter asked.

"Actually no, I was too busy with other things, I never really got around to that part, so..."

"Do you want to go with me?" he asked.