twenty seven- night talks

Two weeks later,

Two weeks had zoomed past, nothing much had happened but I guess now I'm finally adapted into the NYC lifestyle. I've just had dinner and now I'm just reading, The Hobbit. Just incase I need to a backup plan, this could be the backup.

I don't know how long I was reading for but I was interrupted by a knock or a subtle bang on my window. I don't know whether the sound was intentional or it was on accident.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me." I whispered, while slowly getting out and going to my closet to pull out the plastic baseball bat.

I approached the window and opened the curtains slowly, peeping through the gap. But I couldn't really see anything as it was 7:43 PM and the sun set ages ago.

"Miss Y/N?" a voice called from outside.

Wait, is that Spider-Man's voice?

I sighed of relief as I opened the curtains, "Yeah I-um I'm he-here." I stuttered as I pulled the window open and I walked out to my fire escape.

"Oh-um hi." he spoke.

I crossed my arms as the wind was blowing quite severely.

"Hold on, I'm just going to get a jacket." I laughed as I went back inside and grabbed my jacket.

"Sorry." I said as I came back.

"No no Miss, It's-uh fine. I just came here to show you that my ankle is fine now." He replied while lifting up his right ankle.

He came all the way here to tell me this?

"Wow! I- uh I'm glad Mr Spider-Man." I smiled.

"Ugh, Wh-what I meant was that I'm here to show you the thing that I didn't show you few weeks ago." He said then pointed towards the opposite building, "Which was to swing to there."

"Ohhh, right yeah. Let's see then, Mr Spiderman." I chuckled.

"Okay." He positioned himself towards the opposite building and shot his webs and flung across to the opposite building in a zap. Then few seconds later, he came back onto my fire escape.

"There you go Miss." He laughed.

"Thanks. Now I know that you are the real Spider-Man." I joked.

"Great." He replied while sitting down on the fire escape, dangling his legs out through the gaps of the railing. I went over and sat next to him, just looking at the view.

Spiderman cleared his throat, "So uh Miss Y/N tell me about yourself...How old are you?"

I looked at him suspiciously, "So now you're trying to hit on me?" I smirked.

"Wh-what? N-No please no don't get me wrong. I just wanted to know more about the girl who helped me ou-out." He hesitated.

I laughed, "I'm just joking around. I'm 16 years young." I replied.

"Cool."

"How old are you sir?" I asked.

"Um- I like to be anonymous with my personal informations..." He answered.

I looked at him with an annoyed face, "Um- but I told you my age sir."

I wasn't actually annoyed, I was joking.

"But- I- Well um, I'm not the age you will call me sir." He laughed.

I gasped, "What? Are you like 9 years old?" I joked.

"What? NO! I'm not 9! Why would you think that?!" his high pitched voice stuttered.

I put my hands out, "I don't know, you just said that you're not someone that people will call you sir." I chuckled.

"Well I'm definitely not 9 years old."

"Are you then 65?" I asked, batting my eyelashes.

"Ugh-No. Please let's talk about something else- What do you like doing?" He asked while swinging his legs back and forth.

I smiled.

"What?"

"Oh nothing, It's just- I'm happy that your ankle is alright." I replied.

He chuckled quietly, "You have such a kind heart, Y/N."

"Th-thank you. You know, no one has ever said that to me before." I sighed.

"What!? You're kidding right?"

"Yeah, my parents say that I have a good heart." I laughed.

"Occasionally." I added.

Spiderman chuckled.

"So now your turn. What is it like being Spider-Man?"

"Being Spiderman is uh-great, I guess."

"But it's so cool, having people liking you and getting the appreciation."

"Y-yeah I guess so."

"Like I can't relate, the only time I liked a guy he doesn't like me back. But now I'm over him- well I'm trying to..." I commented.

Wait why did I tell him about Anthony? I barely know this man.

"D-Does he go to your school?" Spiderman asked.

Whatever, it's not like Spiderman knows Anthony.

"Yeah... It's kind of crazy. He went to my old school which was like 4 years ago but I moved around the country like every year because of my dad's job and I moved here last summer and apparently for the first time in many many years. I'm actually staying in a city longer than at least 1 year and a half. So it's kind of crazy."

"Wow."

"Oh and I forgot to mention that I had a huge crush on him back at my old school and I was literally relieved that I left him behind and forgot about him but then like a month ago, he came back into my life."

"Oh."

"And like I just wanted to forget him, you know?"

"Ye-yeah I totally know."

"You don't." I replied, bluntly.

"What?"

"No one will understand. It's just a feeling you get when you like someone."

"So you think I haven't liked anyone before?" He asked.

"I don't know. You tell me. Have you?"

"Er-well ye-yeah! I have! There was this girl, not going to name who because I don't want you to know."

"Wow okay. Geez." I chuckled.

"But yeah- uh- you um just can't control your feelings. Even if you don't think she's right for you, you still like her..." He snivelled.

"Do you still like her?" I asked.

"I married her."

"What?! So you are like 60 years old!" I exclaimed.

He laughed, "I'm joking-I'm joking."

"Oh... Alright."

He chuckled, "Well, It was nice talking to you Y/N." He said getting up. "But I think it's getting a bit late now."

"Right. Well, stay safe and perhaps see you again?" I asked, standing up.

"Sure, I'll love to know more about you."

"Hold on, you better give me some info about you too then." I grinned.

"Will do." Then he left.

"Bye." I whispered and climbed back through my window.