IX

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 | Fake

{ Lyra }

✧✦✧

𝕿he pavilion was quiet, as the Lyra watched her betrothed carefully. Joffrey was not giving that much away, but his entire body was tense and he looked like he wanted to snap at any moment.

"Your Grace?" Lyra raised an eyebrow, as the king looked over at her. "What is it? You look like you have something that you want to say to me."

"I gave you the opportunity to go home, and you didn't take it," Joffrey began, as Lyra shook her head slowly. "You had every opportunity that I could give you to back out, yet you did not."

"No, I did not," Lyra was not entirely sure where this conversation was leading, but she did not like how tense Joffrey's posture was.

"If you did not like it here, you should have told me instead of sending a letter to Robb begging him to come and save you," Lyra took a moment to register what her betrothed had said, her face furrowing in confusion. 

"I'm sorry?"

"You sent a letter to Robb practically inciting war and then had the audacity to beg to me to spare your father," Joffrey ran a hand through his hair.

"Wait a moment," Lyra tried to work out what was going on. "What did you say that I have done?"

Joffrey also froze, his eyebrows furrowing as he looked at her.

"You sent a letter to your brother, asking him to get you and saying that I was holding you against your will," Joffrey pulled a piece of parchment from the pocket of his jacket, handing it over to Lyra. She opened, her eyebrows furrowing as she read through it.

"I didn't write this," Joffrey's eyebrows were knitted together in confusion. "This isn't my handwriting. I did send a letter to Robb today but only at your mother's request. Tylar, our guard, sent the raven off no less than twenty minutes ago. Maybe a little longer."

"What?" Joffrey placed his crown on the table, running a hand through his blond hair that was becoming more and more unruly as time went on.

"Your mother asked me to send a letter to Robb, telling him about what had happened and asking him to bend the knee to you," Lyra replied, licking her lips.

"My mother said that she found this letter in your room," Joffrey replied slowly, as something seemed to dawn on him. "Oh shit."

"What?" Lyra raised an eyebrow. In the months that she had known him, she didn't think that she had once heard the man swear. He normally seemed to keep his emotions to himself, but something must have troubled him greatly for him to be swearing. "What's happened?"