XLIX

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 | The Return

{ Joffrey }

✧✦✧

𝕵offrey had truly believed, when he had threatened the High Sparrow, that the man would heed his words and not annoy him but unfortunately there had been no such luck. Whilst the king had been preoccupied with his wife and son, the Faith Militants had let themselves into the Red Keep without his agreement, and taken Margaery, Loras and his mother into custody. Now, he was fuming.

He stalked through the city to the Sept of Baelor, much like a lion towards its prey, a foul glare upon his face as his guards struggled to catch up with him.

"Joffrey!" The man stopped his silent plotting, looking up at the sound of his name. Drew came hurrying over, slipping through the guards to reach the man's side. 

"Drew, are you okay? Is something wrong?" The thirteen year old now stood closer to his shoulder height, his brown hair curly atop his head. Joffrey checked him over for injuries, but Drew merely shook his head.

"No, I was just wondering if I could talk to you but if now isn't the time...?" He trailed off, looking at Joffrey's dark glare and the hint of a scowl on his face. "Has something happened?"

"I need to speak with the High Sparrow," Joffrey muttered in response. "But walk with me and you can ask me what you wished to when I am done."

"Alright," Drew nodded, falling in next to the king as he stormed through the streets of Kings Landing, past market stalls and blacksmiths, until they reached the large open market place, with the Sept of Baelor at one end of it.

Joffrey hurried up the stairs, Drew rushing after him as he tried not to be left behind by the older man. As they grew closer to the top, the pair became aware of the Faith Militant blocking the doors, but Joffrey was undeterred.

"You can't go in, Your Grace." Lancel held his hand out in front of him, but Joffrey scoffed.

"Try and stop me and my guards will remove your head," He growled, stalking past the man and purposefully hitting their shoulders in the process. Lancel stumbled backwards, allowing Drew to slip through and after Joffrey.

"What has happened for them to be so annoyed with you?" Drew asked, looking around the Sept in awe. He hadn't been back in there since Joffrey and Lyra's wedding a year earlier.

"I'll tell you afterwards," Joffrey shook his head, before catching sight of the High Sparrow. "Wait here."

"Okay,"