LXV

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 | Escapees

{ Lyra }

✧✦✧

𝕰uron Greyjoy was slowly becoming a thorn in Lyra and Joffrey's side, one that neither of them had the energy to deal with. Lyra raised an eyebrow as Euron entered the throne room, on the back of a large horse. The last person to do this was Tywin Lannister, after the Battle of Blackwater, and that had been five years ago. He had not met a pleasant end.

She continued to mask the shock from her face, but her eyebrows furrowed at the sight of the three prisoners that Euron dragged with him. Quickly, Lyra turned Mikael further into her neck as the three year old tried to go back to sleep. She only knew one of the prisoners, the other two unknown from her.

The crowd continued to cheer, as Lyra glanced at Joffrey, trying to work out what his thoughts were. However, her husband's face was still a façade of calm, nothing being shown at all.

"Your Grace." Euron climbed down from his horse, before yanking forward the chain with Ellaria and another girl. Lyra didn't let her face falter, still rubbing Mikael's back gently. "Please accept this gift on behalf of all your loyal subjects in the Iron Islands."

Euron threw the chains down at Joffrey's feet, who watched what was going on with a blank stare.

"I give you, something that no one else could. Justice." Lyra's jaw twitched, focusing on a spot at the back of the hall to not show how worried she truly felt. "Justice for your murdered sister."

"Thank you, my Lord." Joffrey spoke, his voice filling the room and quieting the remainder of the courtiers in the hall. "And you deserve a reward for helping me. Tell me what you would like."'

"A seat on your Small Council." Euron looked pleased with the turn of events. However, the Small Council wasn't as powerful as Euron thought. They still had meetings once a week, but the true power was in Joffrey's closest advisors; Tylar, Arah, Lyra, Drew and Jaime. Euron would hold little to no power in his new position.

Joffrey motioned for Ellaria and Tyene to be moved to the dungeons, as Lyra watched on with narrowed eyes.

"That I can do. Euron Greyjoy, I name you Master of Ships." Joffrey smirked cruelly, before he stood up to address the entire court. "Euron Greyjoy will be leading our naval force, whilst Jaime Lannister leads our armies in the battles to come." 

He turned, holding a hand out for Lyra, before the pair turned their back on the cheering crowd and stalked out of the room. Mikael finally pulled his head from his mother's leg, wiggling to be let down onto the floor as Drew hurried to catch up with them.