LIX

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 | Reprimands

{ Joffrey }

✧✦✧

𝕬 sigh left Joffrey's lips as Lyra handed him the letter from Eliza, leaning back into her touch as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders. 

"You didn't sleep last night. What's the matter?" She muttered, pressing a kiss to his head.

"Baelish. He told me that he'd bring Sansa back to King's Landing, but she's married Ramsay now." Lyra tightened her grip, leaning her head onto his shoulder. "I don't know what to do about it."

"I still think that we should just annul the marriage. That's in our power." Lyra stated.

"Yes, but they most likely married by the Old Gods, not the New so I can't annul the marriage, because we worship different gods, nor can your brother, because Ramsay will just say that he doesn't recognize Robb as king." Joffrey huffed, putting the letter down. "I doubt Baelish will be back to the capital now. He's going to become your brother's problem, I believe."

"We need to deal with him as well. He's been loose for far too long, scurrying around the country like the rat he is," Lyra hissed, scrunching her nose as Joffrey chuckled. "Have we not got a list of his crimes? Can we not charge him yet, or ask for his head?"

"Not yet. We can't tie him to anything that doesn't incriminate us in the process." Joffrey pushed his chair back, standing up and pulling Lyra in for a kiss. "We can't help with any of the problems in the North at the moment. I think we have bigger problems closer to home."

"Aye, we do." Lyra sighed, slumping into a chair as Joffrey put the letter away, before grabbing the notes that he had made on the High Sparrow. "If the High Sparrow gains anymore power he will be on the same level as us and that's something that cannot happen."

"I know. I know," He sighed, handing Lyra his notes that he had made the night before whilst she had been asleep. "I made a somewhat plan. I think it will work, but can you read it through? Your eyes are better than mine for picking up faults."

"That's because I slept for a normal amount of time," Lyra teased. Joffrey scoffed, causing Lyra to giggle from her chair. "Have you run the idea for this new legislation past the Small Council?"

"Not yet. I wanted to make sure it was perfect before I did." He leant against the wall, looking out to the balcony where Mikael slept in the shade, curled around Elia. The wolf was watching him, amber eyes warm and content, before she turned and began to clean her paws.

"They will find something wrong no matter how perfect it is. It is the nature of the Small Council to do that," Lyra pulled his attention back to the new law. "Can I make a suggestion that we limit the Faith Militant even more than this? Perhaps putting a limit on numbers or instead, saying that they must serve in the Baratheon army?"