XXXII

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎 | Ignorance

{ Joffrey }

✧✦✧

𝕿ensions ran high for the next week, as Lyra waited nervously for any news from her brother. True to her word, two days after the wedding, Lyra had told Sansa of what had happened and that Robb and Eliza had been warned. Now, both the Stark girls, and Tylar were nervous wrecks, waiting to hear any news. It was enough to put Joffrey on edge.

He was still puzzling over how to go about asking whether Robb and his wife were still alive as he entered the Small Council chambers, Tylar behind him.

Slumping down into his seat, Joffrey barely acknowledge anyone else, before a roll of parchment was passed to him. The young king's eyebrows furrowed, as he looked at his grandfather, before reading through the contents of the note. 

"Well, what are your thoughts?" Aware that he had an audience, Joffrey looked back up and tried to figure out what to say.

"Robb Stark's not dead, nor his wife," He stated, looking over at Tylar cautiously. The Stark soldier was chewing his lips at the news, and Joffrey paused, before continuing. "But his mother and the direwolf are."

"Yes, Your Grace."

"What exactly did this achieve?" The remainder of the Small Council looked at him with wide eyes, as the teenager drummed his fingers along the arm of his chair.

"I'm not sure I quite understand, Your Grace," Tywin said, narrowing his eyes at his grandson, but Joffrey refused to back down. Tywin had pushed him around for long enough.

"All I've got from this letter is that Catelyn Stark and the direwolf are dead, but Robb Stark, his wife and his entire army are still alive," Tywin and Cersei both began to speak, but Joffrey held his hand up. "To top it off, Roose Bolton has been taken prisoner and is now being used as a hostage, as are Walder Frey's sons. We could have had a good spy in the Stark encampment, but now he's rotting in a prison cell. In my opinion, this has achieved nothing."

"His mother is dead,"

"Did his mother participate in the planning of battles? No. Did his mother lead the army? No," Joffrey spat out, as the Small Council shrunk further in their seats. "So, what did that achieve?"

Cersei went to speak again, but the door opened to reveal Tyrion, who looked around the room with narrowed eyes.

"I see you all started without me," He said as he sat down and Joffrey sighed, before passing him the letter and waiting for him to read it.