XLV

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 | Lions and Thorns

{ Lyra }

✧✦✧

𝕿he last of those to arrive, before the bride, to the Sept of Baelor, were Joffrey and Lyra as they were the two most senior members of court. Joffrey smiled at his wife, who was smoothing her dress out, as he held her crown in her hands.

"Are you almost done?" Lyra shot him a look through narrowed eyes, huffing in annoyance. "What's the matter?"

"I look fat,"

"You look beautiful," Joffrey tilted her head up, placing the crown onto her head. "Come on. We need to go in."

"I want to see Margaery before we do," Lyra replied. "I'm going to wish her luck, but you can go in."

"Knowing you, you'd fall down the stairs if I let you go in alone,"

"I'm not clumsy,"

"I was actually thinking that my mother would probably push you," Lyra nodded in agreement, stifling a chuckle, as Joffrey motioned for the stewards to hold off announcing them as they waited for Margaery. It took a few more minutes, before Margaery appeared, looking flustered and slightly panicked. "I'll wait here."

Lyra beamed, before waddling to Margaery's side and embracing her.

"You'll do great. Just don't trip down the stairs," Margaery chuckled, clutching onto Lyra. "This'll be fine. I'll be standing in the front row all the time so just look there if you need support."

"Thank you,"

"I'll see you in there," Lyra pressed a swift kiss to Margaery's cheek, before retreating to Joffrey's side as the steward announced them.

"Introducing, King Joffrey Baratheon, first of his name, and his wife, Queen Lyra Baratheon," The doors creaked open, as Joffrey lead Lyra down into the Sept, taking the stairs slowly as to not aggravate Lyra's swollen ankles. They reached the bottom, walking through the aisle until they stood below Tommen in the centre of the Sept. 

He looked just as nervous as Margaery, his hands trembling as he fiddled with the bottom of his sash.

A few minutes passed, before the doors opened once more and Mace Tyrell lead Margaery into the room. Lyra smiled, wincing as the babe kicked her hard in the stomach. Joffrey rested a hand on her back, rubbing soothing circles as he watched Margaery reach Tommen and the High Septon.

Most of the ceremony continued in a blur of words, as the room grew increasingly hot and Lyra spent most of her time leaning on her husband as her feet started to ache. She blew the air from her mouth, hoping that she did not look like a sweaty mess, as Margaery and Tommen finally kissed.