LXVI

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗 | The Pavilion

{ Lyra }

✧✦✧

𝕸ikael laughed, rushing after Elia in the shade of the garden, pouncing on the same flowers and trying to catch the same butterflies.

"Elia! Mikael, not too far!" Lyra called, watching as her son and wolf both completely ignored her call. "Trouble. They are trouble."

"They take after their mother, Your Grace," Arah commented, placing a plate of pastries down by Lyra's side as the woman shot her a withering look. "I am not wrong."

"No, you are not. That's what's annoying," Arah laughed at Lyra's words, watching the queen whistle once more. This time, Elia seemed to listen, stopping and turning to trot back towards her with Mikael following close behind. "Thank you, Elia. Arah, take a seat."

Arah sat down beside the queen, both of them relaxing in the shade as Mikael finally seemed to calm slightly and flop across his mother's lap. Lyra ran a hand through his hair, before turning to Arah.

"So, how long before Drew comes to us to say that Tylar and Joffrey are sparring instead of teaching him?"

"Not long. Tylar is far too competitive for his own good," Arah rolled her eyes at her husband.

"Yes, that I know. He draws the competitive side out of everyone he meets, especially my husband," Lyra laughed to herself. "At least it keeps them occupied."

It was one of the few quieter day in Kings Landing, Jaime had left for Highgarden to start transporting the gold back to the city and there was no court until the next day, meaning that both Lyra and Joffrey were free to do what they wished.

"The real question is, do we stop them before they try to take each other's limbs off or wait until after?" Arah and Lyra snorted at the thought, before Mikael stopped flopping over Lyra's knee and sat up in her lap to look around. He stole one of the pastries off of his mother's plate, beginning to devour it as the older women watched him with soft eyes. "I can not wait until I have the same opportunity."

"With what?"

"Having a child." Arah told the queen, who grinned. "I'm not pregnant. Tylar is still sceptical about us having a child."

"Why?" Lyra cocked an eyebrow, confused as to why her guard would think that.

"He's worried about all of the battles to come and if our kid might die in one of those." Arah shrugged. "He wants to wait until there's peace, which I understand, but..."