XV

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 | Promise

{ Lyra }

✧✦✧

"𝕴 am dreading this meal tonight," Lyra whined, rubbing her forehead. Joffrey glanced over at her, squeezing her hand gently.

"Sansa and my siblings will be there,"

"As well as your mother," Lyra shook her head, before looking back up at the blond king. "I think she might try and poison me."

"She wouldn't dare," Joffrey replied, trying to reassure the girl in front of him. But, at the back of his mind, he knew that it was more than likely that his mother would try and get rid of Lyra in some way or another.

"Will you be coming to the meal?" Joffrey's eyebrows furrowed, before he shrugged his shoulders. 

"I'm not sure. I have a meeting to attend," He began, before tilting his head. "If it doesn't overrun then I should be able to get there for the start of the meal."

"You are the best," Tension seemed to leave Lyra's body, as she squeezed his arm and grinned up at him. He shot her her a half-smile. "What's your meeting about then?"

"Money," Joffrey rolled his eyes, as Lyra stifled a giggle. She knew that the king hated dealing with the finance aspect of ruling, but unfortunately it was the largest part of his decisions. "We're ridiculously in debt, because of my father, and I have to choose where to spend our remaining funds."

"That sounds riveting," Lyra smiled, before they reached the Stark atrium entrance. "I'll see you later."

Joffrey nodded, before turning and storming back off towards the Small Council chambers. Lyra watched him go, before entering the atrium and opening her own chamber door to look at Arah. The woman raised an eyebrow.

"I'm dining with the Queen Regent tonight," Lyra began, as Arah giggled at the girl's face. "I'll need a suitable dress to go with Joffrey's necklace."

"Of course, my Lady," Arah smiled once more, before calling for a bath to be run. "I think there's a blue one of yours that is perfect for this occasion."

✧✦✧

The sky began to darken, as Lyra watched the sunset and the sea beyond it. She knew that she would have to leave soon, but in truth, the eldest Stark daughter did not feel safe alone in a room with Cersei. The woman had made it abundantly clear that she didn't like Lyra.