XXXV

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 | Meddling

{ Lyra }

✧✦✧

𝕵offrey looked peaceful in the early morning light, Lyra had decided. She had been awake for no more than ten minutes, staring at her new husband, in awe that they had somehow managed to make it through all of the trials and marry one and other.

His tanned skin glowed in the sun, and even in his sleep, the man kept a protective arm wrapped around Lyra's waist. She traced the scars on his arms lightly, before leaning forward to press a kiss against the largest, that was situated on his shoulder. 

She remembered when he had got it, after fighting in the Battle of the Blackwater. He shifted, pressing their bodies closer, as Lyra continued to trace her hand over his scars, the small ones that littered his chest and back from fights, before finally reaching up to rub her thumb across the scar under his eye.

"Lyra..." The girl glanced up at the deep growl of Joffrey's voice, humming in acknowledgement. "It's too early for you to be awake. Let us just go back to sleep."

"I didn't mean to wake you," He opened one eye lazily, as she continued to trace the scar on his cheek. "You can go back to sleep."

"Are you not tired from last night?" A blush ran up her neck, covering her face, as Joffrey chuckled quietly, the deep sound reverberating around the room. "I'm teasing you, My Love."

"I know," He tightened his grip on her, as she rolled over and pulled the pillow back towards her. "Can I not admire the handsomeness of my husband?" 

"Maybe when it is a later hour, but I'd prefer to sleep with my wife," Joffrey replied, tightening his grip on her waist once more, as his breath tickled her neck. Lyra hummed in response, her eyes fluttering closed. "Good."

✧✦✧

Lyra looked her up from her plate as Cersei barged into the room, Tylar behind her looking vaguely annoyed. He shot her an apologetic look, as Lyra waved him off with a smile.

"Sansa Stark is missing," The woman growled, as Lyra raised an unamused eyebrow, before glancing at Joffrey. The king continued to eat his breakfast, ignoring his mother's words. "on the same day that you are almost killed."

"Careful, my dear mother in law," Lyra hissed, as Elia sat down besides her. "It sounds like you are accusing my sister of trying to have me and my husband murdered."