LXXXII

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎 | The Cubs

{ Lyra }

✧✦✧

𝕸yrcella stood by Lyra's side, both of them dressed in dark dresses as they looked out across the courtyard. It was filled with activity, a mess of soldiers from three different armies, all beginning to get ready to leave.

Lyra had not been able to spend as much time with her siblings as she wished, but they understood. The peace talks had been held between Robb, Jon, Daenerys and Tylar, with Lyra signing off on what was agreed.

Tommas shifted in Myrcella's arms, sucking on his thumb as he slept soundly. Myrcella had been more than happy to hold him, loving her nieces and nephews, and Lyra had been more than willing to let her help. She knew that the woman was most likely missing her brothers just as much as Lyra was missing her husband. Margaery babbled on in Lyra's arms, talking softly as Lyra hummed and nodded.

"Mama!" Lyra turned at Mikael's shouts, watching the boy run towards her with Elia trotting at his heels. "Did you see the dragons?"

"I did." Lyra smiled. "They're big, aren't they?"

"Do you think I could ride one?"

"I'm not sure." Lyra shook her head as Myrcella chuckled beside her. "Maybe when you're older."

That satisfied her eldest son's curiosity, as the boy grinned and bounced around, before settling down as the doors behind them opened and Daenerys and Coren appeared. The older rulers were talking in hushed tones, before smiling as they came to a stop in front of Lyra.

"Thank you." Coren bowed his head. "For everything and I'm so incredibly sorry, once again."

Lyra nodded, mutely, as Coren finally relented and pulled her into a hug. Reaching up, Lyra gripped onto the back of his armour, letting her head fall and rest on Coren's shoulder.

"I know this isn't customs, but I think that after everything, we've gone past what custom dictates." Coren laughed as he pulled away, before reaching down to ruffle Elia's fur. "Stay safe and don't be afraid to send us a letter. We'll be happy to hear from you."

"I'll try my best." Coren nodded, stepping out the way for his wife, who held his hand out.

"I know we didn't always see eye to eye," Daenerys smiled gently. "But I admire you, greatly. Thank you for everything."

"Thank you for trying to help."

"We always will. If you need anything, ask." Daenerys nodded her head, still keeping the warm smile on her face. "We're allies now and we want to help. Essos won't be hit by the winter as harshly, so whatever you need, just ask."