XXXI

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄 | The Imp and the Amber wolf

{ Lyra }

✧✦✧

𝕬rah was straightening out the train of Lyra's dress, as she tied the final braid into her hair, when a knock came at the door.

"It's the king, My Lady," Arah smiled knowingly at Lyra, who huffed.

"Let him in, Tylar," Tylar opened the door, also smirking, as Arah walked out and Joffrey went in. The blond man looked like he was on a mission, but stopped dead in his tracks at the sight of her. "Good morning."

Her betrothed was dressed in his customary dark robes, though a sash of Baratheon gold was slung over his shoulders. His crown gleamed in between his blond locks, twinkling as the sun hit it through the open window of Lyra's room.

"Lyra, you look-you look stunning," He stumbled over his own words, as Lyra blushed, pressing a kiss to his cheeks. Even when wearing heeled shoes, she still had to stand on the tips of her toes to reach his height. 

"Thank you, Joff. You look handsome as well," He shot her a half-smile, before he seemed to remember what he was actually there for. 

"I overheard something whilst I was waiting to talk to my grandfather," He murmured, looking around the room cautiously as Elia padded over. "My grandfather was talking with Littlefinger and it had something to do with Roose Bolton and a wedding. Does that mean anything to you?"

Lyra thought back to the latest letter that she had received from Robb's wife, Eliza, before something clicked in her head.

"Gods," She placed a hand over her mouth, before looking back at her betrothed. "They are to attend a wedding between Edmure Tully and one of Walder Frey's daughters."

"Then write and warn them," Joffrey urged, as Lyra sat down at the table and hastily scribbled out a note. She signed it quickly, as Joffrey leant over her shoulder to read it through. "That should work."

Lyra nodded, throwing open her door to look at Tylar, who was watching her with a raised eyebrow now.

"It must go to the Citadel now, before the wedding!" She hissed, as the man grew serious and nodded, storming off towards the tower that housed the ravens, as Lyra fanned her cheeks and took a deep breath. "Let us hope it gets there in time."

"It will," Joffrey squeezed her shoulder gently, before offering his arm out for the girl. "Let me walk you to the Sept."

"Of course," Lyra was thankful for Joffrey's arm, which was steady as they walked. She took a deep breath, fanning her face to keep cool in the midday sun, as Joffrey glared at all those around them.